Wednesday, July 24, 2013

White Privilege is…

White Privilege is…

Knowing that…

No politician will ever appeal to me on the basis of my race.

No matter how disproportionately my race suffers from interracial crime, conversations about that fact are unfit for public discourse.

No matter how much I despise myself and those who look like me I can never atone for being someone who looks like me.

If I (or someone who looks sufficiently like me) kill a member of another race in legitimate self-defense and am justly acquitted, there is a strong
likelihood that the United States Department of Justice will spend the
better part of two years harassing my family, friends, acquaintances, and
complete strangers across the entire country, trying to find evidence that
I am a racist.

My entire life will be irreparably wounded if I admit thirty years after the
fact that I once used the n-word to refer to a bank robber with a gun
pressed against my temple.

If a member of my race is killed by a member of another race, the POTUS will never publicly declare that if he had a son he would look like that victim.

The U.S. Attorney General will never use the words "my people" to refer to my race.

If my employer finds out that I wrote this list I will immediately lose my job
and will never again be able to find work in my industry.

 

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If White Americans are so "privileged", how come there's no ALL-White colleges in the US?

Blacks have the choice of going to either an ALL-Black college or an integrated college.

White Americans have NO choice but to go to an integrated college.

And White-Only Scholarship Programs are VERBOTEN, while Blacks have dozens of Black-Only Scholarship programs.

In Jim Crow days, the Blacks had their ALL-Black colleges, and qualified Blacks were also admitted into "White" colleges. In Jim Crow days,both the Blacks and the Whites were allowed their respective Scholarship Programs.

But now, there are ONLY Scholarship programs for Blacks,, but NONE for Whites, and now, Blacks have the choice of going to an ALL-Black college or an integrated college, while White Americans have NO choice but to go to an integrated college.

So the present situation vis-à-vis the racial college issue is not about rectifying past "injustices", not really.

From : Joe

Nicholas said...

Crimethink! You're going to end up in jail, thinking like that.

Maybe we'll be neighbors.