Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nation of Cowards: Should The Republicans “Own” the Civil Rights Movement?

 

[N.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder mandated a national conversation on race. Well, here’s your conversation, pal!]

Should The Republicans “Own” the Civil Rights Movement?
Nation of Cowards
April 24, 2012

This is the contention of The Other McCain’s Smitty.

Let me ask the awkward question: what exactly is there to celebrate about the civil rights movement? What is the good part? Will it come soon? Should I hold dinner?

Seriously. Can someone tell me a single thing that has come out of the so-called civil rights movement that isn’t deeply embarrassing? I am so sick and tired of having the “civil rights movement” rubbed in my face as though it is something positive when it is, in fact, a blemish, a stain on the soul of our nation….

[Read the whole thing!]

No comments: