Wednesday, October 13, 2021

What’s Next? Mick Jagger Coming Out as a “Woman"? The Rolling Stones’ “Brown Sugar” Gets Cancelled...by the Group Itself!

By Jerry PDX
Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 1:12:00 P.M. EDT

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/10/13/rolling-stones-cancel-themselves-wont-play-brown-sugar-over-slavery-lyrics-criticism/

The song is off the Stones’ playlist, due to criticism of its slavery- themed lyrics. A shame; it’s one of my favorite Stones tracks, and without question one of their very best. This from the article:

Keith Richards, who wrote the song with Jagger during a 1969 recording session at the famed Muscle Shoals studio in Alabama, said he was confronted by the recent discomfort about the lyrics, since it had always been a tale about slavery, rape, and sexual violence.

“I’m trying to figure out with the sisters quite where the beef is,” Richards, 77, said before asking his critics: “Didn’t they understand this was a song about the horrors of slavery?”

“But they’re trying to bury it. At the moment I don’t want to get into conflicts with all of this shit,” Richards went on. “But I’m hoping that we’ll be able to resurrect the babe in her glory somewhere along the track.”

At least Keith is leaving open the possibility they may play it in the future, maybe when the heat dies down? But that will only happen if we fight back, Keith, not give in.

Here are the lyrics:

Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields,
Sold in a market down in New Orleans,
Scarred old slaver knows he’s doing alright,
Hear him whip the women just around midnight.

Brown sugar,
How come you taste so good?
Brown sugar,
Just like a young girl should.
Drums beating, cold English blood runs hot.
Lady of the house wonderin’ where it’s gonna stop, House boy knows that he’s doing alright,
You shoulda heard him just around midnight.

Brown sugar,
How come you taste so good, now?
Brown sugar,
Just like a young girl should.

Ah, get along, brown sugar,
How come you taste so good?
Ah, got me feelin’ now, brown sugar,
Just like a black girl should.

I bet your mama was a tent show queen,
And all her boyfriends were sweet sixteen,
I’m no schoolboy but I know what I like,
You shoulda heard me just around midnight.

Brown sugar,
How come you taste so good?
Ah, brown sugar,
Just like a young girl should.

Brown sugar,
Get down, get down,
How come you taste so good,
Ah, brown sugar,
Get down, get down,
Just like a young girl should.

Ah, brown sugar,
Get down, get down,
How come you taste so good?
Ah, brown sugar,
Get down, get down,
Moving around, moving around.

Ah, brown sugar,
Get down, get down,
How come you taste so good,
Ah, brown sugar,
Get down, get down.

(N.S.: A youtube commenter claimed that the Stones had already wimped out app. 50 years ago, and removed the line, “hear him whip the women…”)

“Brown Sugar”



Think I'm going to go home tonight and turn it up loud enough so the neighbors can hear.

While they're at it, I wonder if the Stones are going to cancel “Some Girls” also. They got criticized for that song back in the 80’s. Check out the line about black girls wanting to get “F*$#d” all night. Here are the (edited due to character limit) lyrics:

Some girls give me money,
Some girls buy me clothes,
Some girls give me jewelry,
That I never thought I’d own.

So give me all your money,
Give me all your gold,
I’ll buy you a house back in Zuma Beach,
And give you half of what I own.

Some girls take my money,
Some girls take my clothes,
Some girls get the shirt off my back.
And leave me with a lethal dose.

Yeah,
French girls they want Cartier,
Italian girls want cars,
American girls want everything in the world,
You can possibly imagine.

English girls, they’re so prissy,
I can’t stand them on the telephone,
Sometimes I take the receiver off the hook,
I don’t want them to ever call at all.

White girls they’re pretty funny,
Sometimes they drive me mad,
black girls just wanna get fu--ed all night,
I just don’t have that much jam.

Chinese girls are so gentle,
They’re really such a tease,
You never know quite what they’re cooking,
Inside those silky sleeves.

Yeah, baby, why don’t you please come home?

“Some Girls” (Remastered)



When the Rolling Stones decide to cave in to cancel culture, you know the bad guys are winning the culture war.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What could they do to the Stones?Nothing.The fans would go--just like people go to Trump rallies.

--GRA

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are 75+.By my addition,that must make me around...30.

--GRA

Anonymous said...

"We're gonna come around at twelve
With some Puerto Rican girls that are just dyin' to meet you.
We're gonna bring a case of wine"

Lots more than a case of wine I might suspect for some odd reason. Don't forget the Trojans too.

Anonymous said...

Random GRAmmy Awards--for no reason except I stumbled into these shows for a few minutes the last couple days.

Worst 2 am TV news
nominees:Repeat of CBS' 6:30 news w/Norah O'Donnell
ABC World News Now
Winner:ABC World News Now
Insipid banter between a White woke male and a black female.They actually think they're amusing.(I saw 6 minutes of it.)

If there was a way of making me hate the news more than I already do--this did it.

Worst early afternoon network gabfest:
CBS' "The Talk"
ABC's "GM 3"

Both shows are unwatchable--with "cool nig"T.J.Holmes ruining GM 3,while "The Talk" saw fit to add Jerry O'Connell to play a White cuck and a blackie(former NFLer,Akbar Gbjajabiamila) to act macho with the remaining women panelists.

Winner:"The Talk".They got rid of Sharon Osbourne for THIS?"

--GRA












Anonymous said...

Personally, I couldn't care less what a group of trash like the Rolling Stones so or say. There is lots of good music out there and I don't need to listen to their noise.