Sunday, February 08, 2015

This is My Country, Land That I Love!

By Nicholas Stix

America today can broken down into two camps: Those of us who love her, and who are her proper owners, and those who hate her, who constantly tell us, “This isn’t your country,” and who at some point decided to steal her from us and despoil her.

I see now that the lyrics do not include, “Land that I love,” but I’m saying it, anyway.

You’ll want to read the letter to VDARE linked at the bottom.

Nicholas Stix
An American by birth and by choice
 

Tennessee Ernie Ford: This is My Country



Uploaded on Jul 27, 2011 by RevBillyRayCollins.

Tennessee Ernie Ford: This Is My Country. Al Jacobs had the words to "This Is My Country" when he ran into Dan Raye, whom he asked to write the music. The song was completed in 1940 and first recorded in 1942 by Fred Waring and His Pennsylvanians. Among others who have recorded it are the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Patti LaBelle. Tennessee Ernie Ford's version appeared on his America the Beautiful album, released in February 1970, which was the later re-released and marketed as Capitol's Bicentennial Album.
 

This is My Country
Words by Al Jacobs
Music by Dan Raye

This is my country! Land of my birth!
This is my country! Grandest on earth!
I pledge thee my allegiance, America, the bold,
For this is my country, to have and to hold.

What diff'rence if I hail from North or South
Or from the East or West?
My heart is filled with love for all of these.
I only know I swell with pride and deep within my breast
I thrill to see Old Glory paint the breeze.

With hand upon heart I thank the Lord For this my native land,
For all I love is here within her gates.
My sould is rooted deeply in the soil on which I stand,
For these are mine own United States.

This is my country! Land of my choice!
This is my country! Hear my proud voice!
I pledge thee my allegiance, America, the bold,
For this is my country! To have and to hold.

Thanks to ScoutSongs.com.
 

This is My Country: Mormon Tabernacle Choir


 

Published on Jun 24, 2014 by Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Purchase "This Is My Country" from the album "Spirit of America":

Amazon: http://amzn.to/QJDqpy
iTunes: http://bit.ly/XeY4RR
Deseret Book: http://bit.ly/Wqktw3
LDS Store: http://bit.ly/Qj9f72

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square present "This Is My Country" composed by Al Jacobs with lyrics by Don Raye and arranged Michael Davis.

Episode 4372. Aired June 30, 2013
 

Johnny Cash: That Ragged Old Flag


 

That Ragged Old Flag
By Johnny Cash

I walked through a county courthouse square,
On a park bench, an old man was sittin’ there,
I said, "Your courthouse is kinda run down,
He said, "No, it will do for our little town,"
I said, "Your old flag pole kinda leaned a little bit,
And that’s a ragged old flag you got hanging on it."

He said "have a seat," so I sat down,
He said, "Is this your first visit to our little town?"
I said, "I think it is,"
He said "I don’t like to brag,
But we’re kinda proud of
"That ragged old flag."

"You see, we got a little hole in that flag there,
When Washington took it across the Delaware,
It got powder burned the night Francis Scott Key sat watching it,
Writing "Oh Say Can You See,"
It got a rip in New Orleans, with Packingham & Jackson
Tugging at its seams.

It almost fell at the Alamo beside the Texas flag,
But she waved on tho,
It got cut with a sword in Chancellorsville,
Got cut again at Shiloh Hill,
There was Robert E. Lee and Beauregard and Bragg,
And the south wind blew hard on
"That ragged old flag."

On Flanders Field in World War I,
She took a bad hit from a Bertha Gun,
She turned blood red in World War II,
She hung limp and low by the time
That one was through,
She was in Korea, Vietnam,
She went where she was sent
By her Uncle Sam.

The Native Americans, the black, yellow, and white,
All shed red blood for the Stars and Stripes,
And here in her own good land,
She’s been abused, burned, dishonored, denied and refused,
And the very government for which she stands,
Has been scandalized throughout the land,
And she’s getting threadbare,
And she’s wearing kinda thin,
But she’s in pretty good shape,
For the shape she’s in,
‘Cause she’s been through the fire before,
And she can take a whole lot more.

So we raise her up every morning,
And we bring her down slow every night,
We don’t let her touch the ground,
And we fold her up right.

On second thought,
I do like to brag,
‘Cause I’m mighty proud of
"That ragged old flag."
 

Thanks to Hippekuln and Junto Society.

At VDARE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that Saddam Hussein and Tennessee Ernie Ford looked alike.

Anonymous said...

His song Sixteen Tons was great!..
Lyrics ..You take sixteen tons .what da ya get..another day older and deeper in debt. .St Peter don't you call me. .cuz I can't go. .I owe my soul to the company store....sounds like working folks today.

Nicholas said...

Anon I,

Now, that's an idea worth stealing!

Nicholas said...

Anon II,

That hadn't occurred to me, but you got that right. Working white folks today.

FYI:

http://nicholasstixuncensored.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-wejbnsu-country-music-concert-22.html