Sunday, December 18, 2011

Huffington Post Scandal: It’s Definitely 1984-Style Censorship!

By Nicholas Stix

Postscript to:

“Huffington Post in Comment Lockdown at Story on Racist Killer Andre Turner.”

When I posted the above-linked item, I forgot to mention that the HP post only came to my attention, because one commenter had linked to me, and anywhere from 51-82 other HP readers had hit the link.

In my site counter, the “Referring URLs” category for today shows 57 hits coming from links at a story the site finally posted on the Eve Carson (the prayer angle) case, and 51 coming from a since-censored link at the Andre Turner story, while the “Referring Sites” category today shows a combined 138 hits coming via Huffington Post.

When reader “SisterAnn” posted the link to my blog at the Eve Carson story, saying,
There are pictures at this website,

lefty reader “trescher” complained,

Wow what a racist website that is! Do you know of a lot of them? Newsflash! Not all black people are animalisti¬c killers. Just thought you needed to know.

Reader “Big Crab” countered,

I went to the site and I saw no such thing. I saw nothing on the page that indicated that "all black people are animalisti¬c killers." And no person I would ever speak to would have that viewpoint or I would consider them fools.

A final, ambiguous note by my erstwhile promoter, “SisterAnn,” could be read as calling for censoring references to me or for censoring my critic.
Where are the HP monitors?

However, the house censors had been alerted by trescher’s invocation of the “R”-word, surely saw “SisterAnn’s last note as supporting him,” and the rest, as they say, is history.

* * *

Just as I was about to post this, I hit the link yet again to the HP story with the censored comments. The site has sought to cover its tracks, 1984-style, by changing the article’s time of publication from 4:07 a.m. to 6:29 p.m. today, without saying that it has been updated or otherwise changed (and it has not been updated or otherwise amended), i.e., as if it had been posted for the first time tonight, and posting one harmlessly pc comment, dated today at 5:59 p.m. The site claims that it has “O” comments pending.

If nothing else, my status as America’s most censored writer is safe!

No comments: