Thursday, July 29, 2021

The John Doe Calling Himself “Barack Hussein Obama” Got “The Great Awokening” Going in 2013

N.S.: A researcher named David Rozado co-wrote a paper entitled, “Prevalence of Prejudice-Denoting Words in News Media Discourse,” in which he and his collaborators traced the explosion in the msm’s use of such words back to 2013, the first year of John Doe’s second term. (I know: What a shock!) Steve Sailer discusses the paper at his blog.

J1234 says:

July 28, 2021 at 11:11 p.m. GMT • 5.8 hours ago   ↑

Excellent presentation by David Rozado. Of course, this revealing analysis will be lost on woke-ism’s truest and dumbest believers. “See? It’s in the papers more often nowadays, so that proves hate is currently at an all time high,” they’ll say, or something equally as stupid.

N.S.:

Back in 1992 or 1993, I wrote a fake feminist letter, gave the “author” a Jewish-sounding, female name, and published it in my magazine, A Different Drummer. Something about women needing affirmative action, because they didn’t get to compete with men on a level playing field. I’d gotten the idea from New York Newsday columnist, John Leonard, who’d recounted having been hired by William F. Buckley Jr. in the early days of National Review to be the house lefty, and among other tasks, to compose literate fake letters from critics. Leonard said that in those days, the real letters coming in from critics were unpublishable.

I was good friends then with an aristocratic feminist from Connecticut. She wasn’t a Jew, but her late businessman father had been. (She’d gotten a Fulbright to study French and German Lit at the U of Cologne, if memory serves. Her mom was a Southern belle from New Orleans who sold Mary Kay cosmetics to friends and family, after her husband died when my friend was 18.)

L was my managing editor, and was a terrific line editor, who vastly improved my writing. She also taught me how to use a pc (WP 5.1), which is how I then published my magazine. (She worked on the business side of publishing, where the money was.)

My friend pointed to the fake letter, as if its mere existence on the printed page were somehow proof that my attitude toward feminism was wrong. Not that, unlike feminists, who had zero tolerance for dissent, I was generous enough to publish such a talking point rant.

I never told my friend that I’d penned the letter, and our friendship died soon thereafter.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"a Jewish-sounding, female name, and published it in my magazine, "

Sarah Abraham? Or Holly Silverstein?