Sunday, March 24, 2024

Social Media Sucks: The Experts Hold Forth


[“Elon Musk just gagged me again!”]

By Grand Rapids Anonymous
saturday, march 23, 2024 at 10:05:00 p.m. edt

Are any of these media skunks going to tell the truth? Skunks is the wrong animal, more like nigros—who lie constantly.

--GRA


By Anonymous
saturday, march 23, 2024 at 11:01:00 p.m. edt

Could access the normal home page. Can access an individual post and then go to older post to see them.


By Anonymous
sunday, march 24, 2024 at 8:40:00 a.m. edt

Three side stories from other platforms. The moral is Social Media Sucks.

(1) gab comment threads are sewers. Unreadable. Tunnels filled with gabmas bots.

(2) Trying out gettr. Was able to sign up without giving a phone or email. Followed six others. Turns out the catch is that gettr won’t let you post or reply anything without later adding the phone or email. All I can do is click the Like button on others’ posts.

(2-1/2) Also on gettr, depsite never posting, I’m getting followers. They look and feel fake. I guess they can see who’s following the ones I follow? And some software signs them up as followers of me? Whatever. I block every one of them. But more keep coming, one or two more, almost every day. Botsville. A lot of them are foremost anti-CCP with a lot of posts in chinese characters. Very suspicious. I don’t trust it. Who is scooping up how much data? Maybe the rumours are true, about gettr-CCP connections. Just as well that I can’t post. Maybe it’s another tiktok?

[N.S.: I’ve had the identical experience on gettr. Eventually, I stopped (with rare exception) getting the chinese followers. But only once did anyone ever respond to one of my posts. It was one of those apparent “working girls” who claimed to love “film noir,” but who never again responded to any of my “film noir” posts. (I strongly suspect that many of the apparent prostitute posters are men who have a collection of photos they’ve ripped off. I constantly get direct messages at twit from “different” working girls, which are identical or near identical in content. When I was in classified newspaper advertising sales, I didn’t get to sell prosti ads—my black supremacist supervisor had arrogasted all of them for herself—but White colleagues who had prosti ads from before that, said that the tranny whores routinely posted fake photos of beautiful whores they’d stolen. There must have been some serious incidents when the wrong whore knocked on the door.)]

(3) truth social. A few days on the platform, a few posts, then BOOM, your account is locked, you violated the terms of service. I e-mailed Appeals. They responded quickly. Apologized, said that it was an algorithm that mistook me for a bot, and reactivated me. I don’t believe that. Very few posts and very originally worded.

N.S.: I have been on Trump social 14 months now, with lousy results (157 Followers, 569 Following). It’s very difficult to increase one’s followers, and maybe three months ago, I attempted to post something that had caused me no problems on twit, yet it was automatically blocked.


By Anonymous
sunday, march 24, 2024 at 11:56:00 a.m. edt

Posting comments going much better now.

N.S.: I believe the reader above is talking about here. A day or two ago, I saw this blog was having one of its periodic problems with reader comments, following a post on Shohtani Nohtani. I went into the code and deleted a bunch of fruit salad from the Nohtani post, and the comments straightened out.


By Anonymous
Sunday, march 24, 2024 at 5:48:00 p.m. edt

By the way, whatever happened to the comments on Breitbart? The only place I leave comments is on Stix—I don’t want to register, leave my email address, etc. I understand that Letitia James already demanded that Vdare provide the real names of their anonymous writers, so I suppose the powers that be already have me on some enemies list.

N.S.: If Letitia James got her hands on that list, she’d immediately release it.

Well, for once I didn’t have the problem. I was able to both up/downvote comments at Breitbart, and post one of my own to “Someone could tuck a bomb on a truck…”



No comments: