Saturday, November 04, 2023

oregon 9th circuit court has struck down the ban on surreptitious recording

By Jerry PDX
sunday, july 9, 2023 at 11:03:00 p.m. edt

oregon 9th circuit court has struck down the ban on surreptitious recording:

https://reason.com/volokh/2023/07/05/9th-cir-invalidates-oregons-ban-on-surreptitious-recordings-of-conversations/

I recall many years ago reading that the reasoning behind the ban was concerns about the government recording private conversations and using them against people. Certainly, a legitimate concern but Project Veritas seems to have revealed that woke/leftists/liberals are more concerned about their behind-the-scenes comments being exposed by conservatives more than government spying. In any case, I’m all for it, will have my finger poised to hit that audio record button on my phone 24/7.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One party state two party state. You got to pat people down for a wire nowadays I guess. And in the case of a smart phone I am not sure what you do.