Monday, June 14, 2021

“Even North Korea is Not this Nuts”: Defector Slams “Woke” U.S. Schools

 
Yeonmi Park
 

Citadel of Communism: Columbia University


By Nicholas Stix

A North Korean defector said she viewed the US as country of free thought and free speech – until she went to college here.

Yeonmi Park attended Columbia University and was immediately struck by what she viewed anti-Western sentiment in the classroom and a focus on political correctness that had her thinking “even North Korea isn’t this nuts.”

“I expected that I was paying this fortune, all this time and energy, to learn how to think. But they are forcing you to think the way they want you to think,” Park told Fox News. “I realized, wow, this is insane. I thought America was different but I saw so many similarities to what I saw in North Korea that I started worrying.”

The 27-year-old told The Post that she could’t believe she would be asked to do “this much censoring of myself” at a university in the United States.

“North Korea was pretty insane,” she said. “Like the first thing my mom taught me was don’t even whisper, the birds and mice could hear me.”

“She told me the most dangerous thing that I had in my body was my tongue,” Park said. “So I knew how dangerous it was to say wrong things in a country.”

[N.S.: The Boss has been talking like that for some time. she thinks you can be arrested for being overheard saying the wrong thing walking on the street. Who knows? Maybe she's right.]

Park, who grew up in the last Stalinist dictatorship and witnessed people dying from starvation, said Americans are obsessed with oppression even though there is not much oppression they’ve witnessed firsthand.

“This a completely nuts, this is unbelievable,” she said. “I don’t know why people are collectively going crazy like this or together at the same time.”

She said the situation in North Korea is one thing because the people don’t have access to the internet and have limited exposure to the globe, but students here have much more access to information.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/14/north-korean-defector-slams-woke-us-schools/?utm_campaign=nypevening&utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20210614&utm_term=NYP%20-%20Evening%20Update

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can this woman get away with speaking like this in America?Oh wait--she isn't White.

--GRA