Thursday, January 12, 2023

“Skulls of Birds and Cranes”: A New Song by Grand Rapids Anonymous! (Video)


[“texas biologist imported skulls, skeletons of otters and birds; now, he’s headed to prison.”]

By Grand Rapids Anonymous
thursday, january 12, 2023 at 2:28:00 A.M. EST

Sung to “Trains and Boats and Planes” (my most farfetched song—but this is a farfetched story.)

Skulls of birds and cranes,
Were sent my way,
They came from places I cannot say,
I shipped them in,
Right to my home,
The skulls of the birds and cranes,
Got me picked up,
And sent away.

I could not control,
The urge I had,
To buy these tiny, skeletal things.
I wanted more,
But not the wings,
The skulls of the birds and cranes,
Were good enough,
Enough for me.

They were from a different part of the world,
I know I shouldn’t have purchased them,
My hobby’s easy to condemn,
I’m waiting for one more it’s true,
My hummingbirds,
Oh, where are you?

Skulls of birds and cranes,
Were sent my way,
They came from places I cannot say,
But things have changed,
I’m not at home,
The skulls of the birds and cranes,
Put me away,
A six-month stay.
Whoa, whoa...
Hmm, hmm, hmm...

(End)

--GRA.


Dionne Warwick: “Trains and Boats and Planes”
Music by Burt Bacharach
Lyrics by Hal David





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I put this one together--or why--but it's quite the quirky song,isn't it?

Thanks for posting N.S--with the original song as accompaniment.

--GRA

Anonymous said...

According to the internet,Burt Bacharach is 94 and still performing IN CONCERT.

Amazing.Though he never had a singing voice after he hit 50--and not much before--the man is a true genius in songwriting.

And perseverance to still want to perform.I guess I'll have to look on YouTube for some videos of his last few years on stage.

Frankie Valli is still going out there and doesn't sound bad for 90.

He only moves his mouth though,lol--which is an accomplishment as well at his age.



--GRA

Anonymous said...

Will be used in some sort of African juju ritual I do not know

Anonymous said...

Dionne Warwick is in the same league as Johnny Mathis the Negro singer who won they sing a song you can understand the words but the rap artist so-called hardly can you often understand what they are saying Dion and Johnny are from a long time ago and their time has passed