Tuesday, October 12, 2010

‘He Said the J-Word!’

By Nicholas Stix

Unless you’ve already read Kathy Shaidle or James Fulford, you’ll never guess what the word in question was.

I am convinced that the majority of the black population in America today sees every act of interracial communication with a white as an opportunity to lie and/or insult, and/or harass and/or shake down and/or exploit as a “provocation” to violence.

I’ve lived in New York City for a little over 25 years, and have been having “J-word” experiences for … a little over 25 years.

In early 1989, a black foster care agency colleague accused me of being “racist” for using the phrase, “church ladies.”

On August 28, when Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and anywhere from 300,000-700,000 whites publicly sucked up to racist blacks, black critics claimed to hear an “echo” of Jim Crow and slavery.

During the 1960s, someone coined the phrased whereby black militants were “People who won’t take ‘yes’ for an answer.” Today, that applies to the vast majority of blacks, perhaps over 80 percent in many cities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a gearhead, I used a thoughtless slang term to reference certain imported vehicles during the course of an NAACP dinner to which I was forced in order to reflect corporate enthusiasm for their cause. Working in San Francisco during the '70s where really angry blacks would jump in your face at any opportunity, one learns that the best defense is a viscious offense. And as a woman, one can really get in even another woman's face when charges of "racism" enter the discussion. While the woman had the entire table cowed, I raised my voice and demanded that she explain how that term, ricegrinder, was racist. I also reminded her that public slander was grounds for a lawsuit. She left the table and was not seen nor heard from again.

Anonymous said...

I think I once read somewhere that if you control the language, you control the society.

David In TN