Wednesday, September 25, 2024

The Last Domino Falls—Adams Indicted for Corruption—Specific Charges Not Named Yet

By Grand Rapids Anonymous
wednesday, september 25, 2024 at 10:45:00 p.m. edt

“(abc13) new york – new york mayor Eric Adams has been indicted by a federal grand jury, according to sources familiar with the matter. the exact charges remain sealed.

“Adams released a (GRA: LIE) statement wednesday night stating, “I always knew that if I stood my ground for new yorkers that I would be a target-and a target I became. if I am charged, I am innocent and I will fight this with every ounce of my strength and spirit.

“the police officer turned politician along with members of his inner circle has spent nearly a year under the cloud of federal investigations.

“his cell phones were seized and, in recent weeks, the residences of some of his closest confidants were searched by federal agents working on several related corruption probes.

“the mayor two weeks ago, accepted the resignation of Edward Caban, his handpicked police commissioner, after the authorities issued a subpoena for his phones.

“the mayor’s chief counsel, [who was under investigation] Lisa Zornberg, stepped down. this week, the schools chancellor, David Banks, announced plans to retire at the end of the year. Banks had also turned over his phone to federal authorities.

“Banks’s younger brothers, Philip, the deputy mayor for public safety, and Terence, also had their phones seized. David Banks’s fiancée, Sheena Wright, the first deputy mayor, had her phone seized as well.

“Adams has said that, as a former police officer, he has always followed the rules. he has also said he has known of no ‘misdoings’ within his administration.

“the fbi seized Adams’ electronic devices as part of an investigation into whether his 2021 mayoral campaign’s fundraising. other investigations have focused on city contracts and enforcement of regulations governing bars and clubs.”

--GRA



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My first thought was that Adams is going to prison,so I wrote the Adams Fambilee parody,but then I thought,what jury in NYC would convict?

The lawyers will sit 8 blacks,two spics,one White,an arab/asian mix and there's no chance. So why should he resign?

NYC is a lost cause. And you thought Adams was corrupt--the legal system is WORSE.

--GRA