Friday, May 14, 2021

Racist, black Basketball Coach Dead at 89

By Nicholas Stix

Flipboard: “John Chaney, an innovative Hall of Fame basketball coach who led Temple to 17 NCAA tournament appearances, died Friday at age 89. On the court, Chaney was known for his fiery demeanor and a matchup zone defense that confounded opponents for decades and annually had Temple among the leaders in scoring defense. Off the court, he frequently lashed out at NCAA policies he said discriminated against black athletes.”

N.S.: English translation: He was a black supremacist who constantly played the race card.

Sorry about the delay, folks. I’d prepared this item on February 4, along with a concert I’m still working on honoring Tony Bennett, but then mislaid it (probably in a meltdown), and just found it when I found the Bennett virtual concert-in-progress.

 

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports/temple/john-chaney-temple-died-20210129.html
What John Chaney meant to me and the black community in America | Marcus Hayes

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did networks ever kiss his and John Thompson's ass in the 80s and 90s.I should get millions for having to listen to THAT .

--GRA

Anonymous said...

jerry pdx
I recall Chaney years ago saying something about how refs favored "white basketball players", at least I think it was Chaney, I couldn't find anything online but there was a controversy about refs calling more fouls on black players. https://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/02/sports/basketball/02refs.html

Funny thing is, as a lifelong basketball player, I agree, I do think refs call more fouls on black players but there is a very obvious reason: "black players foul more".

If you look at every article about this "controversy", they contrive all sorts of reasons for the "bias", but all the reasons are supposedly some kind of "underlying White racist bias", instead of the logical obvious one.

Any White that plays against blacks knows that when you play against them, the holding, grabbing, pushing, cheap shots and in particular, high elbows directed toward the head, go way up. When I watch the NBA or college game, I see the same thing I experienced on the court, black players using dirtier tactics. Which is not to say some White players don't play the same way, but black players overall are much worse.

I would suggest that refs don't even call as many fouls against black players as they should and the bias is actually the other way around.

None of those people doing those studies will suggest that black players foul more because it would detract from their race baiting agenda.