Monday, July 01, 2024

Phil Mushnick is still at it! The old scold just keeps on going, at (?) years of age; Love ya,’ Baby! Don’t ever quit!

By Nicholas Stix and “W”

“W” sent me a link to Mushnick’s post columns, and I read a few. In particular, one in which he criticized not just selfish players with their stupid bat flips and high fives, when they’ve done nothing, but David Cone and Paul O’Neill, for cheerleading such garbage.

I sought to tell Mushnick what I wrote as my headline, but the post Gauleiter blocked me yet again (“LOG IN TO COMMENT”), as they’ve done for over 80% of the time, for months now. (They know exactly who I am, since I registered as N.S.)

(During the late 1990s, I freelanced for the post, albeit under a pseudonym.)

I went to google and imbd.com to determine Mushnick’s age, which must be around 80, but neither would cough it up.

I also checked out his credits at imbd.com, but they are lacking. Back in 1992, I saw the 1992 re-make of Night and the City, Jules Dassin’s 1950 original of which starred Dick Widmark and Gene Tierney. The re-make starred Jessica Lange and a human obscenity, who won a couple of Oscars.

In a scene in the restaurant-bar owned by the Cliff Gorman character (the husband of the Jessica Lange character), one of the characters enters and silently greets Mushnick, who’s standing at the bar. Mushnick, was already gray (was he born that way?).

Well, there’s no acting credits for Mushnick for that one, or anything else.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105001/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_cl_sm

On sunday, june 30, 2024 at 11:43:43 a.m. edt, “W” wrote:

I haven’t watched any ny baseball telecasts so far this season, but still appreciate his comments. Stephen A. Smith is an a---bleep, but we knew that. I used to enjoy watching sunday night baseball with Jon Miller and Joe Morgan. That seems like a lifetime ago.

https://nypost.com/author/phil-mushnick/

On my b’day I'm going to watch an archived Charlie Hough winning start when he was with the White Sox. When he pitched for the Dodgers and Rangers, I rarely got to see his knuckler working.

AccuWeather says the Real Feel is c.100’ with high humidity again today.

Cheers!🍻 (Leffe Belgian Abbey Ale, anno 1240. This is as close to church as I get)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't call Phil "old school",like N.S.,he's his own school.

--GRA

Anonymous said...

Mushnick graduated college in 1972 or 73, which would make him about 74 years old

Anonymous said...

To hell with sports.