Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Reader Writes about an Inflammatory T-Shirt He Saw Today in Suburban Plano, Texas


Had gone to Borders Books in Plano this afternoon. Am currently looking for a job so I wanted to research resume writing books.

The store was full of Third World nationals. Most were from India or China. There were only a handful of native born in the store.

I purchased a guide and left the store.

I had not walked more than 10 steps in the parking lot when I encountered a young, South Asian female. She had a pre-schooler with her. She was walking towards the store. She was wearing a T-shirt that said: "Brown Is The New Black."

I shot her a snotty look and continued walking until I reached my car.

This country has problems. Big ones.

[For what should be obvious reasons, my reader wishes to remain anonymous.]

No comments: