Monday, August 03, 2020

Ellen Degeneres and Affirmative Action: It Cuts Both Ways

By Jerry PDX
Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 2:17:00 A.M. EDT

My first real paycheck job was in 1976 at International House of Pancakes at the tender age of 16, bussing tables and washing dishes. I'll never forget the owner/manager, Ray D. First thing I heard him yell when I walked in the door my first day was, “If I catch the employee who let that meat spoil, I’m gonna break his arm!” He had a magazine article posted on the bulletin board that had the title: “Tough bosses get results!”

I worked hard to earn his respect and within a year, at the tender age of 17, he wanted me to work as his assistant manager. I knew restaurant work wasn’t in my future, though, and declined but did learn some valuable lessons about the rewards of hard work.

I remember a black woman applying for a waitress job and Ray pointed at her and told me: “Never hire blacks; they don’t want to serve whites. It never works out when I try.”

A boss like that would never survive in today’s work environment, and while I do think Ray went over the line sometimes, nowadays cancel culture goes even farther over the line of being reasonable.

I wrote this because of the headlines about Ellen Degeneres, and how her show and whole career are now in jeopardy, because she has allegedly fostered a “toxic” work environment on the set of her show. I’m reading things about how she’s “not nice,” she’s cold and gives preferential treatment to A listers (doesn’t everybody do that?). There’s other things but it’s mostly vague nebulous sounding accusations that sound a lot like a boss maybe just wanting to get things done without a lot of pointless massaging of people’s egos and feelings.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ellen-degeneres-end-of-her-rope-allegations-mean-behavior-report

Now I’m not really defending Ellen because I like her, I don’t. I can’t stand to look at her, she’s one of those unfunny “diversity” comedians and a leftwing ideologue that has been pushing cancel culture, the very thing that is now biting her in the butt. I do enjoy it when the likes of Ellen get this kind of comeuppance, it is justice in a roundabout kind of way but I also hate to see a win for cancel culture and this kind of insane hypersensitivity to “feelings.”



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Her comedy wasn't very funny anyhow.