Monday, December 23, 2019

The Danger of Saying "Merry Christmas" [Brief]

By An Old Friend
Mon, Dec 23, 2019 10:42 p.m.

The Danger of Saying "Merry Christmas" [brief]


The antidote for what's below is this five-minute video:  https://www.prageru.com/video/just-say-merry-christmas/



Whitney Cummings Claims She Was Reported to Human Resources for Saying "Merry Christmas" to Intern

The comedian shared the story during an appearance on Conan this week
By Helen Murphy 
December 21, 2019 02:45 PM

"That's what I said, I was like, 'Well, what should I have said? Do they celebrate something else?'" Cummings replied. "And they were like, 'Well, no, they're agnostic.' And I was like, 'No, no, no, no, no. You do not get to do that.'"
Cummings then argued that, in order for her to know a person's religious beliefs, they would have to have a more intimate relationship than a professional relationship.
"Had I known that this person was agnostic, that would mean we were in a relationship, like, that would mean we were intimately connected," she said. "I should not know who believes in God and who doesn't. I also can't guess either, you know? I can't, like, guess your holiday based on what you look like. That's offensive ― that's very offensive."
Responding to a news report about her story on Friday, Cummings jokingly tweeted: "I've been told the safest thing to say is 'have a good holiday' then to set yourself on fire."
During her appearance on Conan, Cummings did not name the television show on which the alleged incident occurred, but in 2018 the comedian was working as an executive producer on ABC's Roseanne reboot. That year, Cummings also had brief appearances in the television shows Crashing and Adam Ruins Everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone is either so psycho or looking to sue for b.s.like this,that your choices of responding to conversation are down to...


"I'm sorry,but I'm hard of hearing."
That's about it.
--GRA