PayPal

Saturday, July 28, 2018

The Earliest and Most Succinct Critique of Diversity

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix

Letter near the end of his life (November 9, 1830)

As you know, I have led for twenty years and have obtained only a few certain results:

1. [South] America is ungovernable.
2. He who serves a revolution plows the sea.
3. The only thing one can do in America is emigrate.
4. This country [Bolivia] will fall unfailingly into the hands of the unbridled crowd and then pass almost imperceptibly to tyrants of all colors and races.
5. Devoured by all crimes and extinguished by ferocity, the Europeans will not deign to conquer us.
6. If it were possible for one part of the world to return to primitive chaos, this would be the last period of America.

Simon Bolivar

• Gutiérrez Escudero, Antonio, ed. (2005), "6. Carta al general Juan José Flores, jefe del estado de Ecuador (Barranquilla, 9 de noviembre de 1830) [Letter to General Juan José Flores, head of state of Ecuador, Barranquilla, November 9, 1830"] (in Spanish), Simón Bolívar: aproximación al pensamiento del Libertador (approximations to the thoughts of the liberator), Escuela de Estudios Hispano-Americanos (CSIC), Sevilla, p. 12, retrieved on 2017-11-06

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or as Central and S.America said to Europe(and now to the United States),"If you don't come down to conquer US,we'll come to conquer YOU."
--GRA

Anonymous said...

Bolivar as did Washington owned slaves.

Anonymous said...

Arrivederci Alejandro!!!(After the Chicago Tribune tried to go to bat for him).
(Chicago Tribune)A Naperville father who made a last-minute plea to Immigration and Customs Enforcement so he could remain in the U.S. to care for a young daughter with severe spina bifida(cue the violin section) has left the country, his lawyer said Saturday(one down,20 million to go).

The plight of Alejandro Medina Franco was highlighted in the Tribune this week. The Mexico native had filed what is known as Form I-246, asking ICE for a stay of removal for humanitarian reasons so he could remain with daughter Joyce Medina, a U.S. citizen who turns 3 in October.


Medina Franco checked in with ICE on Saturday morning and boarded an afternoon flight to Mexico, said his immigration lawyer, Margaret O’Donoghue. The 49-year-old landscaper was made to board a flight after his final pleas with ICE and an immigration judge were exhausted Friday.(GRA:Good!)

If he had not appeared at O’Hare International Airport as agreed, he would have been subject to arrest and a removal while in ICE custody, O’Donoghue said.

(Cue more violins)
“It was devastating to watch Joyce's father be taken away from her today. She will undoubtedly suffer trauma and irreparable hardship as a result,” O’Donghue said. “I just hope that by telling Alejandro's story, we can begin to see immigrants in our communities as the fathers and mothers they are and not merely statistics. We need more compassion in our immigration system for people like Alejandro.”(GRA:No,any exceptions made for him will be used by others as a way to stay).

Medina Franco, who is from the Mexican state of Michoacan, acknowledged in an interview with the Tribune this month that he had sneaked into the country three times and has a criminal record, but he had asked for forgiveness for his child’s sake. He had been convicted of attempting to sell a fraudulent identification card in 2003 and with simple battery involving an argument with his wife, who stands by him.(GRA:Those crimes are all we know about).

His problematic history had left him with few options except the plea for leniency, his lawyer said. A prior request to ICE was granted under the administration of President Barack Obama, but its renewal in October was rejected in the wake of the tougher policies of President Donald Trump.

ICE officials in Chicago noted Medina Franco’s record and had said that such special stays of removal are not meant to provide a permanent route for someone without the proper paperwork to stay in the U.S.
GRA:The Lib Trib.No agenda here.