Sunday, July 22, 2018

California Black Arrested for Murder at Trader Joe's


War crime victim Melyda Eldorado

By Grand Rapids Anonymous
Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 12:57:00 P.M. EDT

(CNN) — A woman inside the Trader Joe’s was killed after an armed man barricaded himself inside the store, Mayor Eric Garcetti said Saturday at a news conference held after the suspect surrendered to police.

Los Angeles police handcuffed a man outside a Trader Joe’s, bringing an apparent end to an incident in which a man barricaded himself inside the grocery store for hours after running from police. “We have successfully taken the suspect into custody without incident,” Los Angeles police said on Twitter.

[N.S.: “Without incident”? What about the woman he murdered inside?]

An armed man barricaded himself inside a Trader Joe’s grocery store in Los Angeles on Saturday afternoon, prompting a massive police response with people still inside the store.

Here are the latest developments:

• The suspect, who is in his late teens, shot his grandmother and a younger female earlier in the day, police said.
• He ran into the Trader Joe’s after crashing his grandmother’s car outside the store during a police pursuit, police said.
• An unknown number of people are still inside the store in the Silver Lake neighborhood, though some walked out apparently unharmed, police said.
• Police are communicating with the suspect “trying to bring this to a peaceful conclusion,” Sgt. Barry Montgomery of the LAPD said.
• Eighteen ambulances and more than 100 firefighters are at the scene of the incident, Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman David Ortiz said.

Events began with a shooting in the 1600 block of 32nd Street around 1:30 p.m. (4:30 p.m. ET) in which an elderly woman and a young woman were victims, LAPD Officer Mike Lopez told CNN.

The suspect, described by police and witnesses as an African-American male, fled in a 2015 Toyota Camry, taking the younger victim with him. He fired multiple rounds at officers during the police pursuit, Lopez said. None of the officers was injured.

The chase ended when the suspect crashed the vehicle, got out and ran into the store on Hyperion Avenue in the Silver Lake neighborhood, Lopez said.

Customers immediately ran out of the store and police surrounded the building. Over the course of the standoff, several people walked out of the store with their hands up. Some employees climbed out a back window on a chain ladder.

GRA: CNN describes him as “African-American”? Someone will lose their job over that egregious error of commission.

[We could not authenticate any photos of Gene Evin Atkins.] 

1 comment:

David In TN said...

"Without Incident."

If only George Orwell could have seen the world we live in.