Saturday, December 23, 2023

Was President Nixon a Bigot? (Video)

By Almost Missouri
December 15, 2023
@Reg Cæsar

“He’d then slowly take in the opulent view around him, and say, ‘I see. You want me to float you a loan.’”

“That’s a clever and relatively polite maneuver to flank someone who’s essentially trying to pull social rank on you.”

“They often paid up right away.”

“I wonder if it would still work on today’s haute bourgeoisie?

I suspect many of them wouldn’t understand it, much less be shamed by it.”

By Bardon Kaldian
December 15, 2023
@Reg Cæsar

Let’s hear an expert on ethnic traits:

Nixon on blacks, italians, irish and Jews





By Curle

December 16, 2023 at 7:33 p.m.
@Bardon Kaldian

I find it humorous that cbs circulated this stuff with the thought, I presume, that it made Nixon look bad. Did the network really believe that irish don’t know they can be mean drunks? That blacks don’t know their group intelligence falls on a range just like everyone else, just a lower average range? That Jews can be aggressive and are overly defensive with regard to criticism?

Thing makes Nixon appear the ultimate anti-phony.



By Nicholas Stix
December 19, 2023

When Oliver Stone’s movie, Nixon (1995) was released, it rankled Kissinger, who got the new york post to give him space for a long essay. He noted that in the movie, Nixon always called his wife, Pat, “Buddy,” but denied that this had ever been the case.

At one point, Kissinger addressed the recordings of Nixon (1913-1994) making anti-Semitic remarks and said, fondly, “My old chief hated everyone.”

While I can recall few specifics, I do recall a general feeling of love that Kissinger had for Nixon. Kissinger spoke of “my old chief,” much in the way that John Wayne (1907-1979) would speak of John Ford (1894-1973) after “the coach” had died.

I found Stone’s movie much more sympathetic than I’d expected it to be. In particular, one scene seemed completely ridiculous and contrived. A bunch of college students are occupying a monument (Lincoln’s?), and the President has his chauffeur and bodyguard stop, as the old man climbs the stairs alone. Nixon, who had been a champion debater at Whittier and Duke, then engaged in a spirited debate about the war with the young men.

And you know what? That really happened, just like Stone depicted it!

When Oliver Stone was doing interviews promoting the movie, he said that Nixon reminded him of his old man, a Wall Street investment guy. “I like those tough old guys.” (Paraphrase.)

Our host [Steve Sailer] has said that the sensibility and politics of each Stone movie changes, depending on his momentary lover.

When Nixon died in 1994, I was teaching philosophy at a college in New Jersey. I threw out the script, and spent two classes delivering a eulogy to our late commander-in-chief. He was one of the great tragic figures of American history.


By res
December 19, 2023
@Nicholas Stix

An account of that monument incident.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Nixon%27s_visit_to_the_Lincoln_Memorial

N.S.: res, even though the President was working on only about 1 3/4 hours of sleep, I don’t buy the assertions that he was incoherent. That he might have sought to create common ground by mentioning the Syracuse football team (to Syracuse students) is the only part that rings true. The man had played on his high school team, and was obsessed with football. At the time, he was only 57, and this was long before the dnc-media campaign against him destroyed his health, and darned near killed him (phlebitis).

However, after Ben Bradlee, Woodward and Bernstein, and their felonious accomplices at the Washington post had driven him from office, taking cheap shots at Nixon became a national pastime, including among republicans, and was the only way (see H.R. Haldeman in the pretend encyclopedia entry you posted, and William F. Buckley calling him “a crook”) to get a hearing.

A real historian, Irwin Gellman, has devoted the past 30 years to unearthing the real Nixon. I’m putting together some material on this that I'll post presently.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid--and Nixon was president and then Ford--I believed these men were leaders of our country for a reason(or three),but mainly,these were men, who I assumed were qualified to BE president and--to me-- the office of POTUS was Wizard of Oz-like.

Fast forward to 2023,the curtain's been pulled open long ago and we're left with phonies,liars and corrupt lowlifes--who are controlled by others from globalist organizations(WEF etal.)

There hasn't been a president of any quality in my lifetime,though Reagan was close.

--GRA

Anonymous said...

If he was a bigot, that’s not so bad just about the same as most of us I might think