Wednesday, January 15, 2020

My Heartfelt Apologies to Public School Teachers

Wed, Jan 15, 2020 12:04 a.m.

My Heartfelt Apologies to Public School Teachers
By Merlin
Wed, Jan 15, 2020 12:04 a.m.

29 per cent actually seem to have something that somewhat resembles a clue.

N.S.: I am not aware of any education writer, Left or Right, famous or obscure, who will publicly cite the number one cause of the black-white testing gap: I.Q. To my knowledge, identifying I.Q. has been banned. It is an unword.

According to Richard Herrnstein, in I.Q. in the Meritocracy (1968), I.Q. is 81% genetic.

That doesn’t mean that parents, siblings, relatives and neighborhoods aren’t factors, as well, but they are secondary factors.

Also, the author misuses the word “equity.”

Mental testing was never developed, in order to foster “equity,” which as used by the racist Left today means equal results. One motivation was to help slow kids. Another was in order to give poor but brilliant kids, like the Jews who came to dominate CCNY and then Harvard, a chance to compete with rich kids. In other words, it identified kids at the extremes, though I've never seen it put that way.

https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2020/01/08/whos-to-blame-for-the-black-white-achievement.html


No comments: