Sunday, November 03, 2019

Mexican Diplomat Jorge Alberto Lozoya Has been Selected to Receive 2019 Richard Brettell Award in the Arts at The University of Texas at Dallas

By A Texas Reader
Sun, Nov 3, 2019 9:43 p.m.

Mexican diplomat Jorge Alberto Lozoya has been selected to receive the 2019 Richard Brettell Award in the Arts at The University of Texas at Dallas. The award includes a $150,000 prize and provides an opportunity for the campus community to meet and talk



ATR: Years ago Vicente Fox spoke at UT Dallas.

I was an alumnus at the time.

Since I was an alumnus, I was allowed access to the university's athletic center at a discounted price.

I was on the way to the center on the same day Fox spoke.

I had entered the campus drive and encountered a large knot of folks crossing the drive.  They were on the way to see Fox.

One of the folks was a camera man from a Mexican TV network.

I deliberately attempted to run him over.

Lucky him, he scampered away in time.

Alas.




No comments: