Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Of Stone Killers and Shaker Themes


My boon companions and I are best known for work on racist atrocities. And yet, I just posted all four parts of the ballet and music of Aaron Copland and Martha Graham’s Appalachian Spring.

Crime and punishment are central facets of human existence, but so is the sublime experience of listening to great music.

During the 1990s, I used to write mostly on education and religion. I had people who wanted me to write for them, but most of them didn’t want to pay for my work.

I already wrote some on crime then, but I eventually wrote more and more on it, because people were more willing to pay me for it, and because the MSM refused to do their job. We were in the middle of a one-sided race war, and someone had to chronicle it.

“But what about so-and-so, and whojamawassis…?”

Those are guys who do (or did) good work, but they weren’t around then. I was doing this 20 years before they got started. That’s why I call them my “sons.” And many of them have since hung up their keyboards.

But I’m still pounding away.

And I give you Aaron Copland and Elmer Bernstein and Jerry Goldsmith and Dimitri Tiomkin, too!

Please hit the PayPal Donate button at the top of the page, and make a generous contribution.

I thank you, and your posterity will, too.

Sincerely,

Nicholas Stix




No comments: