Monday, April 23, 2018

Did My Dad Murder My Mom? Watch a Classic Episode of the True Crime series, Forensic Files, Without Commercial Interruption, at WEJB/NSU, in Less than 22 Minutes!

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix

I just saw this episode as a re-run on HLN. I love FF. We’re a family of true crime junkies, but FF is the best, or was, until Peter Thomas’ death, may he rest in peace. (I don't believe I've seen any post-Thomas episodes.)

FF’s writers and experts beat the pants off of their counterparts at Investigative Discovery (ID). When The Boss (i.e., my wife) is off work and binge-watching ID, I’ll watch the first few minutes, get the name of the vic and the location (and, if possible, the year) of the crime, and then go look up everything online.

ID will drag out a story over the course of an hour, including commercials, and still leave out essential facts, while padding out the time with repetitions and unimportant “stuff.” Thus, I’ll learn important facts about the case in five minutes online that never appear in the TV version. (I’ll report to The Boss on what I learned, and she’ll tell me what the show said, while I was in the other room.)

By contrast, FF only runs a half-hour, including commercials, has no padding, and is chock full of information about science and forensic tests and techniques.

 
Forensic Files: Season 4, Ep 11: "Haunting Vision" (Originally aired on December 15, 1999)
 


 

“Lori Keidel, her two sisters and her brother were left home alone while their father went to a nearby laundromat. Suddenly, a large fire engulfed their brick ranch home. Only a few months earlier, the children's mother had disappeared and made no effort to contact them. Lori found the courage to tell police that she had witnessed her own mother's death. Originally aired as Season 4, Episode 11.”


No comments: