Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Why are Women Permitted to Work in Men’s Correctional Facilities? Tennessee Female Correctional Officer Busted for Having Sex in Prison with Inmate… Twice, and Befriending Other Prisoners, via Facebook!

 

Kenyetta Foxe in jail as a pro (or is that as an amateur?)
 

Kenyetta Foxe in jail as an amateur (or is that as a pro?)
 

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix

A tip ‘o the hate to Countenance.

For centuries, it was universal common sense not to permit women to work in men's jails and prisons. Whom can we thank for this insane "progress"? None other than the SPLC!

[N.S.: I just stumbled onto this posting, which I had forgotten to post over 26 months ago (May 19, 2014). It was still in “preview” status.

Foxe’s criminal case appears to have been “disappeared.” I could find no disposition of the case. Meanwhile, in her LinkedIn resume, she claims to have been a corrections officer continuously since 2013. If she is still working in corrections, then the Tennessee Department of Correction has thrown in the towel, in terms of professionalism, at least where blacks are concerned.]
 

Arrested correctional officer friends with inmates on Facebook
By Jeremy Finley
Posted: May 14, 2014 8:02 P.M. EST
Updated: May 15, 2014 3:01 P.M. EST
WSMV

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
A correctional officer charged with having sex with an inmate also regularly communicated with inmates on social media, a Channel 4 I-Team investigation found.

Kenyetta Foxe was arrested this week for allegedly having sex with convicted murderer Michael Daniels at Riverbend Maximum Security Prison.

A Channel 4 I-Team investigation found Foxe is friends with several inmates on Facebook and Instagram and openly communicated with them.

We found one of her friends, who goes by the name "Dough Boy," has images on his Facebook page of himself rapping and eating pizza inside prison.

His Facebook profile shows he is friends with Foxe.

When "Dough Boy" wrote that he got stabbed, Foxe wrote on his Facebook page on May 9 that she saw him afterwards and "it was great seeing him and talking to him for a minute."

Foxe's profile shows she is friends with other inmates who appear to still be in prison.

The Channel 4 I-Team showed the postings to Davidson County Sheriff Darron Hall, who has long forbidden correctional officers in his jails to have any relationship with inmates.

"She wouldn't work here. It's as simple as that. You can't do that and work here," said Hall.

Hall said it is widely recognized that correctional officers cannot have any relationship with inmates, even on social media.

The Channel 4 I-Team found, at one point, Foxe posted a picture of herself, and then another inmate, Stevie Dickson, reposted the picture on his own timeline.

Dickson is at West Tennessee State Penitentiary where Foxe once worked.

When Dickson showed the picture, he wrote, "I need it in my life."

When Dickson posted that he needed support, Foxe wrote, "I got you."

We wanted to know if the Tennessee Department of Correction was aware of the Facebook communications, and a spokeswoman said it is an ongoing investigation.

"The Tennessee Department of Correction remains vigilant in our fight to reduce contraband in our facilities and will prosecute and discipline those found with illegal items. It is important to note that the arrest of the officer at Riverbend was a result of our efforts to operate safe and secure prisons and detect contraband," said spokeswoman Neysa Taylor in a statement to the Channel 4 I-Team.

We went by Foxe's home after she bonded out of jail, but no one was home.

2 comments:

David In TN said...

I wonder if she's hooked up with Cobbins, Thomas, or Davidson?

jeigheff said...

Back in the 90s, I talked with a distant female relative at a family reunion. I found out that she was a guard at a men's prison in Missouri. I was kind of astounded, because I'd never heard of such a thing until that time. I had some questions for her, which she was happy to answer. I got the impression that she generally liked the job and felt like she wasn't in any danger.

This lady relative was in her 30s (I think), seemed to be in good physical condition, and was attractive. She didn't lack confidence, at least while she was talking with me. Still, I wasn't sold on the idea that this was a good job for any woman. I don't think she could have fought one determined prisoner, let alone more than one, especially if she was surprised.

I have no idea how my distant relative's prison guard career has gone, or if she's still doing it. Hopefully she never got assaulted or climbed in the sack with any prisoners. (Sorry if that sounds crude.)