Reposted by Nicholas Stix
Thanks to reader-researcher RC for these articles.
“ISIS attackers” behead priest in France
Nuns, worshippers taken hostage before assailants shot dead by police
Published: 2 hours ago
WND [Summary of DAILY MAIL story]
(DAILY MAIL) An 86-year-old priest has been “beheaded” by two ISIS knifemen who cut his throat after bursting into a French church and taking nuns and worshippers hostage before being shot dead by police.
Five people including the priest, two nuns and two parishioners were held by assailants who raided the church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray near Rouen in Normandy at 9am.
The clergyman, named as Jacques Hamel, is believed to have been beheaded during the attack while another hostage is fighting for [her] life in hospital.
The two attackers were “neutralized” by marksmen as they emerged from the building, which is now being searched for explosives. French president Francois Hollande said the men “claimed to be from” ISIS.
Hollande says France is at war with ISIS: Islamist knifemen chanting “Allahu Akbar” behead French priest, 86, and leave nun fighting for her life after storming Mass - before police shoot them dead
- Priest had throat cut while another hostage is fighting for life after knifemen burst into Normandy church at 9am
- Reports that one of the attackers shouted “Allahu Akbar” as they launched attack at Gambetta Church near Rouen
- Vatican has condemned the “barbaric” killing of the 86-year-old priest and an anti-terror investigation is underway
- ISIS claim responsibility for the atrocity while Francois Hollande says France is “at war” with the terror group
- One attackers lived locally and had electronic tag having been jailed in France for trying to travel to Syria in 2015
(DAILY MAIL) An 86-year-old priest has been ‘beheaded’ by two ISIS knifemen who cut his throat after bursting into a French church and taking nuns and worshippers hostage before being shot dead by police….
[Read the whole thing here.]