Friday, August 18, 2017

Are the Nazis Always Wrong? An Open Letter to Ben Shapiro

Mr. Shapiro,

You appear to be in fine form here.

Of course, seeing as my pc's sound died on me two months ago, I can't hear a word you're saying, but we can't have everything now, can we?

I did see you on Wednesday afternoon on the Fox News anti-Trump hatefest, I believe hosted by Sandra Smith, in which you gave the "con" (anti-Trump) position, and a Leslie Marshall gave the "con" (anti-Trump) position. You will recall saying, "The only problem with the Trump Administration is President Trump."

That was very clever--in a shallow, schoolboy, sort of way, and I’m sure you devoted a good deal of time to practicing it in front of a mirror.

You also said, "It works for his base, but I don't know why people are looking at his base." You asked why he wasn't reaching out to people who will always hate him, no matter what he does, and alienating his base (my paraphrase). You also claimed that he had deviated from his “script,” and was “causing himself the biggest damage.”

Maybe he did that because:

He had meant what he said in his first speech, on Saturday, but let his cowardly inner circle (Ivanka, Jared, McMaster) talk him into contradicting himself in his second Charlottesville speech. What the President said in his third speech had the virtue of not only being his true sentiments, but being closer to the truth and morality. The “script” was all wrong. The only problem with his third speech was that he condemned the Alt-Right at all.
Yes, the Nazis are not always wrong.

I still have hope for you, Mr. Shapiro. You remind me of me. But you’re going to have suck it up, and swim over to the deep end of the pool.


The Aftermath of Charlottesville | The Ben Shapiro Show, Ep. 362





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if the neo-Nazi are marching and they are 100 % wrong, they have every right to march and not be set upon by thugs. Everything they did was legal and permitted. THEY were attacked and not the other way around.

Anonymous said...

Bannon Out--Swamp In?
My interpretation of this is,when the fur flies over something Trump speaks about--someone gets fired.
I regret that this dismissal has occurred.Whether Kelly pushed for the ouster (probably),or not,I strongly lean toward the hypothesis that Kelly gave an ultimatum after Tuesday's Trump adlibbed spectacular.
"Either you go with Bannon or me-- -I'll try to help you get your agenda through Congress,but not with Bannon around."
Give or take an "F" word.
Gary Cohn was probably also involved as part of the ultimatum.Just my opinion.
--GR Anonymous