Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Frank Sinatra and Cole Porter: “Night and Day” (1962 Version)

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix
 
Re-posted by Nicholas Stix
 

Night and Day
Words and Music by Cole Porter
 

Introduction

Like the beat, beat, beat of the tom-tom,
When the jungle shadows fall,
Like the tick, tick, tock, of the stately clock,
As it stands against the wall.

Like the drip, drip, drip of the raindrops,
When the summer shower is through,
So a voice within me keeps repeating,
You, you, you.
 

Song Proper

Night and day, you are the one,
Only you ‘neath the moon or under the sun,
Whether near to me, or far,
No matter, darling, where you are,
I think of you night and day.

Day and night, why is it so?
That this longing for you,
Follows wherever I go.

In the roaring traffic's boom,
In the silence of my lonely room,
I think of you, night and day.

Night and day, under the hide of me,
There's an oh, such a hungry
Yearning burning inside of me,
And its torment won't be through,
'Til you let me spend my life
Making love to you,
Day and night, night and day!
 




No comments: