Friday, October 21, 2016

Hear Carly Simon Sing, “Forever My Love”

Expanded at 1:48 a.m., on Friday, October 21, 2016

[Of Related Interest, at WEJB/NSU:

“‘Embrace Me, You Child,’ by Carly Simon [Updated]”; and

“‘The World’s Just Inside Out and Upside Down’: Carly Simon’s ‘Safe and Sound.’”]
 

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix

Well, not exactly forever, but for 11 or 12 years. It was good while it lasted, and the union blessed her with two children.
 


 

Forever My Love
Written by Carly Simon and James Taylor
For the Hotcakes album (1974)

Words of love,
Softly spoken,
Like clouds above,
Drift away.
What shall I say?

To let you know the way I feel,
Should I cry out loud that love is real?
Or simply reveal,
Forever my love.

Time alone will tell us,
Lovers born in May,
May grow bitter and jealous,
Faded and gray,
What shall I say?

It's not another lovers’ game,
It doesn't seem to have a name,
It changes and remains the same,
Forever my love… my love.

Yesterday's projection,
Will never really know,
But tomorrow's recollection
Will surely show...

It was so between us,
Ain't no other way,
Time has seen us,
Day after day,
What shall I say?

That isn't in the way I act,
That'll carry through the years intact,
I'm lookin' forward to lookin' back,
From further on down the track,
Together, in fact,
Forever my love… my love.

No comments: