Sunday, November 08, 2015

Hear the Unforgettable Duet Between Frank Sinatra and Sy Oliver of Isham Jones’ and Gus Kahn’s “The One I Love (Belongs to Somebody Else)”!

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix
 

The One I Love (Belongs to Somebody Else)
Music by Isham Jones
Words by Gus Kahn

Well, now, the one I love belongs to somebody else,
She means her tender songs for somebody else,
And even when I have my arms around her,
I know her thoughts are strong for somebody else.

Yes, the hands I hold belong to somebody else,
I'll bet they're not so cold to somebody else,
It's tough to be alone on the shelf,
Worse to fall in love by yourself,
The one I love belongs to somebody else.

What else?

[Bridge]

Duet

Frank: Yes, the one I love belongs to somebody else,

Sy: Ain’t like a fair, you ain’t nowhere,

Sy: That’s why

Frank: She sings her songs to somebody else,

Sy: Boo-hoo, hoo-hoo, hoo,

Frank: And even when I have my arms around her,

Sy: Well, Dad, you know,

Frank: Her thoughts are for somebody else,

Frank: And when I hold her hands,

Sy: You know,

Frank: That they belong to someone,

Sy: Someone,

Frank: Somebody else,

Sy: And you can bet,

Frank: They’re not so cold to somebody else,

Sy: Well, it’s tough to be alone on a shelf,

Frank: And it’s worse to be in love by yourself,

Both: Like when the one you love belongs to somebody else!
 


 


Published on November 23, 2014 by catman916.
 

Frank Sinatra recorded Isham Jones’ and Gus Kahn’s "The One I Love (Belongs to Somebody Else)" in the studio on 3 occasions - June 27, 1940 with The Tommy Dorsey Orchestra, March 25, 1959 with Gordon Jenkins ( previously uploaded), and on May 3, 1961 with Sy Oliver, arranging and conducting. This version (presented here) was included on I Remember Tommy, Sinatra’s third album release on his new Reprise label. The song was also recorded at a live performance in March 1982 and included in the 2006 box set, "Sinatra: Vegas". I Remember Tommy is available as an import CD on the Universal UK label. I do not own the right to the song, audio, or images contained in this video. The sound recording is administered by UMG. No copyright infringement is intended. The purpose of this upload is for viewer enjoyment and education not for monetary gain.

No comments: