Friday, November 27, 2015

Hear Frank Sinatra Sing “It Had to be You,” with the Full Lyrics, Including the Intro!

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix

 

[Previously, at WEJB/NSU:

Mark Steyn on “It Had to be You” (Steyn on Sinatra).]
 

It Had to be You
Music by Isham Jones
Lyrics by Gus Kahn

Why do I do just as you say?
Why must I just give you your way?
Why do I sigh?
Why do I try to forget?

It must have been that
Something lovers call fate,
Kept me saying,
“I had to wait.”

I saw them all
Just couldn't fall,
‘Til we met.

It had to be you,
It had to be you,
I've wandered around,
Finally found somebody who.

Could make me be true,
Could make me be blue,
And, even be glad just to be sad
Thinkin' of you.

Some others I've seen,
Might never be mean,
Might never be cross,
Or, try to be boss,
But, they wouldn't do.

For nobody else
Gave me a thrill,
With all your faults,
I love you still.

It had to be you,
Wonderful you,
It had to be you.

‘Cause nobody else gave me a thrill
With all your faults, I love you still now
And it had to be you, it just had to be you
It had to be you.
 


 

Published on July 7, 2015 by Frank Sinatra Greatest Hits.





Re-posted by Nicholas Stix
 



 

No comments: