Monday, November 23, 2015

Hear a Rare Recording of Frank Sinatra Singing Harold Arlen & Johnny Mercer’s “My Shining Hour” on the Radio!

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix
 

Listen to the December, 1979 recording of the same song, which Sinatra performed for the 1980 album, Trilogy, at WEJB/NSU!]
 

My Shining Hour (1943)
Music by Harold Arlen
Lyrics by Johnny Mercer

This moment, this minute,
And each second in it,
Will leave a glow
Upon the sky,
And as time goes by,
It will never die.

This will be my shining hour,
Calm, and happy, and bright,
And in my dreams, your face will flower,
Through the darkness of the night.

Like the lights of home before me,
Or an angel, who’s watching o’er me,
This will be my shining hour,
‘Til I’m with you … again.

[Bridge]

Choir: Like the lights of home before me,
Or an angel, watching o’er me,
Sinatra: This will be my shining hour,
‘Til I’m with you … again.
 


No comments: