Tuesday, August 25, 2015

"Algorithms," What Algorithms?! Google Monitor Catches Journalist Criticizing Its Censorship, Suspends His Google+ Privileges, and Threatens to Permablock Him!

By Nicholas Stix

When I just tried to share my previous post via Google+, I got the following message.
“Your post was not shared. Please try again.”
I then tried to get around the censorship, by using Google+ at plus.google.com, but instead got blocked again, and the following, prevaricating threat:
Access limited
We've determined that your posts have repeatedly or egregiously violated our User Content and Conduct Policy.
Using scripts, bots, or other unauthorized tools to create content is not permitted.
Your access to Google+ will be limited for two weeks. If you continue to violate our policies, your access to Google+ and Google's other social services, such as Hangouts [which I’ve never used, and don’t know how to use], may be suspended permanently. Learn more
Please review our policies to avoid violating them in the future. If you believe this decision was made in error, please submit an appeal. Learn more

We understand that these policies may not be for everyone. If you choose to leave, you can make a copy of your Google+ data first. If you like, you can also disable Google+ entirely.
“Using scripts, bots, or other unauthorized tools…” I have no idea what they’re talking about. I hate scripts more than anyone, because they freeze my pc. I wouldn’t know a bot, if it bit me in the nose. This is pure political witch-hunting by lefties who have me on their enemies list.

I may as well note that Google has been tampering with my numbers for years, pushing them down, so that they are much lower now than they were tens of thousands of posts ago, circa 2007. Anyone who believes that Google’s numbers are determined by impersonal “algorithms” is either very ignorant or a fool.


P.S. (4:55 a.m.) A few days ago, I discovered, by comparing Google results on my pc and that of my chief of research that Google had been ghosting my results, to delude me into thinking that I had two Google+ results regarding the Michael Slager case on page one of his results, when in fact I didn’t show up until page three, after most people had given up looking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I avoid using anything Google to the greatest extent possible. I use different browsers for Googling and for surfing the Internet. I've never used Google+. The only Google components I ever use are Google and YouTube. I don't have a YouTube account. I never use dedicated Google apps or software. I resist every attempt by Google to get information from me or bundle functions together under the Google umbrella. I also use software that defeats Google's ability to follow me around the Internet. I hate Google.