Friday, March 13, 2015

Mischief at Google's Blogspot

By Nicholas Stix

I am posting the following letter, which I just sent to a fellow journalist and blogger, both to expose what Blogger/Google is doing, and to ask the same question of my readers, in the hopes that they may be able to help me.
 

Dear …..,

Nicholas Stix here. What site counter do you use/can recommend? The last couple of days, I’ve been watching Blogger doctor my stats before my very eyes. I reload my stats page, and watch my Google plus and page view numbers for new posts go up, and then in the wrong direction. I was wondering what was wrong, because my numbers were flatlining, down 30%, no matter how many new posts I made in a day.

I’d appreciate any suggestions you might have.

I hope you are well.

Regards,

Nicholas


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a blogger nor familiar with Google's statistics. However, I and 1.4 million others use the Ghostery Firefox add-on to block tracking, including Google Analytics. Ghostery is one of many anti-tracking add-ons.

It is possible that anti-tracking add-ons like Ghostery are messing with Google statistics.