Monday, April 08, 2013

Are All Those Stories about White Supremacists Murdering Texas Prosecutors Yet Another Journohoax? (My New VDARE Column is Up!)

By Nicholas Stix

Murderous White Supremacists Running Amok—or MSM “Journolists” Running Amok?
By Nicholas Stix
April 8, 2013 at 2:18 a.m.
VDARE

All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and according to them, “white supremacists” have joined in the past nine weeks to murder a prosecutor in Texas, a state prison chief in Colorado, and then a second Texas prosecutor and his wife. Another Texas prosecutor responded to the carnage by quitting a federal case involving “white supremacists.”…

[Read the whole thing here.]

By the way, I have to qualify something I wrote in my new column: I said that I spend 63 hours a week researching and writing. That’s true, but I don’t do it alone. I have a whole gang of reader-researchers, colleagues, and old buddies who provide invaluable help finding articles that they send to me, even writing articles for me, combing cyberspace for information on old cases they recall, and writing letters. And since most of them have celebrated more annual twenty-first birthdays than I have, they recall a whole heck of a lot from the pre-Internet Age, and that covers both facts and morals. There’s David in TN, RC, “W,” AL, Our Man in Seattle, On Main Street, and many others whom I never name, either because they asked me not to, or because I automatically felt the need to protect them from themselves.

For example, according to J-school and newsroom “ethics,” if an informant doesn’t expressly demand anonymity, I can cite his name with impunity. But that would entail them getting fired from their jobs, whitelisted from their professions, and maybe even physically harmed. Only an evil SOB would want to do that to them.

That’s why when various leftwing journalism hoaxes were exposed in 2003 and 2004 (e.g., Jayson Blair and Mary Mapes), when Republicans were demanding an end to the use of anonymous sources, I opposed them, because their demand was partisan opportunism that would kill all journalism.

Anyway, to make a short story long, if you add up the time I work each week, and the time my reader-researchers/colleagues/whatevers work, it’s got to total at least 126 man hours per week.

I also benefit from the work that my colleagues at VDARE put in—several hundred man-hours per week—as well as a thousand or so man-hours per week from colleagues at the few other alternative outlets doing serious work, and a number of excellent blogs, which are listed on the right-hand side of this one.

Thank you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your story on Vdare.com and was going to reply via email but clicking on the 'email' link just takes me to a Yahoo login instead of giving me a mail address. Anyway...

Thanks for doing this story. Since the beginning, this story has had a 'smell' to it. For one, the MSM never elucidate a solid motive let along any type of evidence / smoking gun. Stay on the story, I'm sure that there is something else going on here.

Unrelated, but have you considered using Disqus for your comment engine. It is a very nice comment platform. www.disqus.com

Big bill said...

"Maybe that’s what we should call these Cultural Marxist MSM commissars: “Journolists.”"

Nope. Call them "Jurinalists" as in the "Milwaukee Jurinal-Sentinel"