Friday, October 07, 2011

I Write My Own Copy, but I Need Your Help, in Order to Keep It Up! Please Send Money!

Part One of a Serialized Begging Letter

The history of letters and politics in America is replete with celebrated frauds:

John F. Kennedy. New York Times writer Arthur Krock “edited” JFK’s Harvard senior thesis, Why England Slept, which papa Joe Kennedy then published as a book. Kennedy family retainer Ted Sorenson then wrote, in its entirely, Profiles in Courage, which “won” Kennedy a phony Pulitzer Prize—lot of that going around—and gave him the false aura of a scholar and man of letters.

In the interests of full disclosure, I did publish one ghostwritten article under my own name, nine years ago. A scientist acquaintance wrote it, about how a terrorist might have produced anthrax without access to a sophisticated laboratory. He couldn’t risk using his own name, and was not wise to the subterfuges that one must undertake, in order to deceive MSM editors into publishing one’s work under a pseudonym, subterfuges that I had used many times during the late 1990s. I was glad to help.

Folks, I have no ghostwriters these days. For the sake of quantity and quality, I repost much work penned by others, but I always make clear their authorship. Not counting brief blog items (anywhere from 50 to a couple hundred words of commentary on someone else’s article) and re-posts, I guesstimate that between print and the Web, I have published over 1,000 of my own articles since 1990. (I had my first article published in 1980, but published only a handful of pieces over the next 10 years.) The researching, interviewing, transcribing, writing, re-writing and coding now take up about 70 hours per week.

The time that work monopolizes takes away from other money-making pursuits, like oh, running through billions of taxpayer dollars creating “green jobs” that never materialize; hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on supermarket and childhood obesity slush funds; millions on designer dresses and globe-trotting vacations for Madame Michelle and her two youngest “senior staffers”; hundreds of thousands on crooked private schools, assignations with mistresses (The Boss would not approve of the latter, in any event), and $200-a-pound Japanese steaks for White House dinners. Please help fill the gap with a contribution of any size you can muster, via the “donate” button at the top of the page.

Thanks in advance for your generous help!

Nicholas Stix

No comments: