Wednesday, February 28, 2024

with its new, gemini ai program, google/alphabet are competing with wikipedia as a libel machine

By Matt Taibbi

"last night, after seeing chatter about google/alphabet’s much-ballyhooed new ai tool, gemini, I checked for myself. any product rollout disastrous enough to cause a one-day share drop of 4.4% for a firm with a $1.73 trillion market capitalization must be quite a spectacle, I thought. Matt Walsh’s recap was worth it just for the look on his face.

"chuckling to start, by the end of the night I wasn’t laughing, unprepared as I was for certain horrifying if lesser-publicized quirks of “the Gemini era.”...



Matt Taibbi Teaser


profile picture
"Nicholas Stix"

"I do not have enough information about that person to help with your request. I am a large language model, and I am able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions, but my knowledge about this person is limited. Is there anything else I can do to help you with this request?"

Could have been worse. Its Gauleiter could have programmed it to answer my question.




According to Sergey Brin, Larry Page, and Eric Schmidt of google, 0% of 17th century physicists were White men. The real percentage was 100.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And kids are taught this stuff.

George Washington Carver and Underground Railroad stuff too.