Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Stix Back Online!

 
First of all, thanks to all of the friends and colleagues who have been asking after me and my family, especially Peter Brimelow and the gang at VDARE! Five days ago, when I figured out how to listen to old messages on this blasted new invention I bought, called a cellphone, I found no fewer than four messages in the first nine days I owned it from Peter, who has since very generously set up a fund for supporters to make tax-deductible donations.

Readers posted comments asking after us, David in TN tried to reach me,

Glaivester publicly asked after me, and even Larry Auster tried reaching me on the phone at least twice.

We never evacuated, not for a minute. Otherwise, we would have had rugs and furniture ruined, and been prey to looters.

I couldn’t publish anything at the time, because my days were consumed with tasks like finding bottled water and batteries and carrying them home, and boiling slimy, scummy, dark brown water for steam heat and for showering. (The kitchen was so dark, that I couldn’t even see just how brown the water was.) Besides, although in Trinidad there are Internet cafes five minutes’ walk from my late in-laws’ house, there are none anywhere around here.

I’ll have much more to say, but I just wanted to get this up for now.

Thanks again for your expressions of concern and your prayers!

Sincerely,

Nicholas Stix

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicholas,

I'm glad you are back! I've thought about you every day.

David In TN

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are alright and your family is safe.

Anonymous said...

Glad to have ya back and all together Mark

Peter Brimelow said...

Welcome back, Nicholas! VDARE.com is messed up by our Christmas fundraiser right now, but if your admirers get on to our home page and scroll down to the donation details, click on "Make One Time Donation..", then SCROLL DOWN AGAIN to the very bottom, just above all the social media buttons, you are one of several special projects listed in alphabetical order. Click on that link and the various donation options appear. You've already got $$$ btw!

Quartermain said...

Glad to have you back.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're ok. I was actually getting worried that my favorite blogger was gone for ever. I'm just a nobody who occasionally comments on your posts, but I have been checking in everyday since Sandy.
For a while I thought you had started a new blog elsewhere and I was frantically searching the net for you to get my daily dose of reality.
Anyway, glad to see you're ok. I look forward to your triumphant return.

Dissident said...

Glad you're back! Been wondering about you.

Nicawawa said...

Good to hear from you!

Your site was down so long that I worried that the powers that be who hate your gadfly stings may have done something bad to you under the cover of the hurricane.

I hope you had a second floor to retreat to.

PDK said...

Glad you made it through Nick, worried the Gov. or some minority people may have gotten to you.

Hope all is well for you and yours.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were gone. Glad to be wrong.

jeigheff said...

You're back! Thank God!

Pat Kittle said...

Nice to know you're bouncing back, Nick.

Pat Kittle said...

Nice to know you're back, Nick.