PayPal

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Disqus, Why’d You Do Me Wrong? Web Company Transforms Itself from Communications Giant into Authoritarian Censorship Hub

By Nicholas Stix

I saw what appeared to be a Disqus notification this afternoon, only to learn that the company had disappeared something like seven years and thousands of my comments.

• Comments 0
• Discussions
• Recommends
• Followers 0
• Following 0

“Joined May 6, 2017”

When I tried to reach Disqus’ administration (via Google), I got this page:

“Nice! Your account has been created.

“What would you like to do with Disqus?

Options:

“I want to comment on sites”

“I want to install Disqus on my site”

I want to comment on sites


I want to install Disqus on my site


https://disqus.com/profile/signup/intent/

I googled disqus + censorship, and learned that the company has declared war on anyone whose politics it hates, including Occidental Dissent and Breitbart.

It’s as if Hillary won.

No comments: