Sunday, December 06, 2015

Hear Frank Sinatra Sing “Body and Soul” During the Columbia Years!

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix

Album Title: The Columbia Years, 1943-1952, Vol. 8
Arranger: Axel Stordahl
Trumpet: Bobby Hackett
Written by: Frank Eyton
Written by: Edward Heyman
Written by: John W. Green (Johnny)
Written by: Robert Sour
From the Show: Three's A Crowd 1930 (S)


Body and Soul

My heart is sad and lonely,
For you I sigh, for you, dear, only,
Why haven't you seen it?
I'm all for you, body and soul.

I spend my days in longin,'
And wond'ring why it's me you're wrongin,'
I tell you, I mean it,
I'm all for you, body and soul.

I can't believe it, it's hard to conceive it,
That you'd turn away romance,
Are you pretending? It looks like the ending,
Unless I could have one more chance to prove, dear.

My life a wreck you're making,
You know I'm yours, for just the taking,
I'd gladly surrender,
Myself to you, body and soul.

My life a wreck you're making,
You know I'm yours for just the taking,
I would gladly surrender,
Myself to you, body and soul.
 

Transcribed by Ron Hontz
Ronhontz@att.net

From material submitted by Larry Henares of the Philippines
larryh@mydestiny.net

http://www.thepeaches.com/music/

 


 

Uploaded on March 20, 2009 by Oldies & standards music of 1940' to 60's.

No comments: