Sunday, May 31, 2015

Terrible News: Yer Ol’ Woodpile Report’s Proprietor Has Shut It Down!

By Nicholas Stix

This guy, “‘Ol Remus,” has maintained a wonderful Website for 11 years, but I just checked on it today for the first time in at least six months, and though he posted his last entry at some point during the last two days (there’s a reference to a May 24 news story), at the top he announces, “WOODPILE REPORT IS DISCONTINUED.”

In case you’re wondering, and I’m sure you are, there is no archive at the site, though you might be able to find one at the Wayback Machine.

‘Ol Remus, you done good. You will be missed.

I’ve been doing housekeeping with my blogroll. Quite a few folks have either stopped blogging, or let old blogs just be taken over. Some others, including White Victims of Black Crime, appears to have been censored.

Well, I feel no need to maintain a long blog roll, because the defunct sites blind readers to good ones that are still in business, and popular sites have no need for hits from me unless, that is, they want to swap links.

No comments: