Monday, November 07, 2011

The Plague of Nice White Ladies

  Murder victim Kortneigh McCoy, 19, was a sophomore at Frostburg State University  

By Nicholas Stix

In my previous article, on the murder of Frostburg State University student, Kortneigh McCoy, I mentioned that the entire comment thread had since been deleted by WJLA.

Usually, that would outrage me, but not so much in this case. The thread had been hijacked by a crude white guy, or someone imitating one, who kept celebrating the victim’s death, under different sock puppets. The other posters were racist blacks who fancy that a single white crime cancels out 100 black crimes, blacks who insisted that race had nothing to do with it, people clamoring for the celebrant’s posts to be deleted, and nice white folks who insisted that race has nothing to do with anything.

I have reprinted a comment by one such nice white person, and my response, which she probably never saw, below.

 

Murder suspect Shanee Liggins, 23—ignore the obvious!
 

MomMe
Nov 06, 2011 - 01:43:13 P.M.

My daughters attend Frostburg. One lives in Kortneigh's dorm. They tell me she was a warm, funny, caring human being. They didn't tell me she was black. When they called to tell me she had been killed, they didn't tell me the person arrested for the crime was black. They called with a sadness that is surely only a fraction of what both of the families of these two young women are dealing with today. They, and I'm sure most of the Frostburg campus, are not sitting around discussing race today. They are coming together today in love to remember, to cry, and to comfort each other; not to spread more hate.


MomMe, you sound like a nice white lady. And that’s o.k. Some of my best friends are white.

But nice white ladies like you, who teach their children to ignore the obvious, are a danger to society, and more importantly, to their own children.

Black folks don’t say, “That nice person.” They say, “That nice white girl.” That’s assuming they’ll say something nice about a white girl, which is assuming a lot.

I could run off the names of so many nice dead white folks whose nice white parents taught them to ignore the obvious that it would make your head spin.

What’s more important to you, Ms. Nice White Lady, appearing morally superior to white folks you hate, who seek to protect their children, or protecting your own children from a horrible fate?


No comments: