Friday, July 12, 2024

Stop & Shop will shutter 7 NYC-area stores, 32 overall; not a word about why

"Stop & Shop will shutter 7 NYC-area stores, 32 overall"

"Stop & Shop will shutter seven stores in the New York City area and 32 overall as inflation-battered shoppers seek cheaper supermarkets, the company said on Friday."

I came across a news item in a supermarket niche news service (grocery dive) about a month ago, but it was all written in an inscrutalbe or vacuous code. However, it said nothing about shoplifting or "shrinkage."

About two years ago at the local stop & shop, I witnessed a huge, black jamaican security guard catch a little, middle-aged hispanic woman (puerto rican?) in the parking lot, whom he had witnessed stealing two loaves of bread. She dared him to arrest her, and he backed off. Thus, not only had management decided to not arrest affirmative action shoplifters, but the shoplifter knew it. However, I guarantee you that security has permission to arrest guys like me.

https://nypost.com/2024/07/12/business/stop-amp-shop-will-shutter-7-nyc-area-stores-32-overall/

https://www.grocerydive.com/news/stop-shops-remodel-program-ahold-delhaize/718772/



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything was stolen out of them.

--GRA

Anonymous said...

"he had witnessed stealing two loaves of bread"

Sounds like a Tale of Two Cities stuff. A PR big bread eaters? Peanut butter sandwiches maybe.

Normally in these cases it is not that they don't have the money to pay. They just want to steal.

Anonymous said...

ALSO DECEASED:Dr.Ruth Westheimer(96)

GRA:For a while,there was a craze to listen to Dr.Ruth on the radio.Some of her most asked questions follow:

What is sex?

"Sex is the amount of money I overcharge a patient for advice about the bedroom."

What is an orgasm?

"It's the feeling I get when I cash a paycheck from doing
my radio show."

What is mutual satisfaction?

"It occurs when my agent,lawyer and I sign a contract with a sponsor or company that allows me to speak on-air about sex."

What is sex?
(See top of page.)

No,she didn't respond with those answers--I kid.

--GRA