Wednesday, August 21, 2019

How to "Report" on and Cover-Up a Racist Hate Crime at the Same Time (Knoxville Horror News/Channon Christian/Christopher Newsom Murders)

By David in TN
Wed, Aug 21, 2019 4:17 p.m.
Jamie Satterfield--Subscription Only

Today in the Knoxville News Sentinel, Jamie Satterfield began a three-part series "on the 12-year quest for justice for Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom."

The article is subscription only. I don't want to subscribe. For one thing, my computer's printer doesn't work and I would want to print it out for my files. Jamie starts off with:

"But the quest for justice in the 2007 slayings of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom, 23, brought its own horrors for their families." 

She uses the word "horrors."  

"The families' burdens were legion: taunts by a killer; a smear campaign; white supremacist rallies; a drug-addicted judge; and eight trials." 

I emailed her a week ago. She never replied. She used to answer me back but hasn't for several years. 

N.S.: Of course, I'm very disappointed that KNS requires a subscription, since hardly anyone will read it. Then again, they probably prefer it that way.

This year, Joel Christopher replaced Jack McElroy as KNS executive editor, but he apparently promotes the same racist politics as McElRoy.

David in TN: Nowhere near as many people will read it. I think you have something in the assertion that they prefer it that way. 




1 comment:

David In TN said...

Today I received a copy (three pages) of the article, pretty good. I don't know how to scan it. I've made some copies. I'll send you one tomorrow.