Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Aretha When She Tried (Music Video and Pics)

 

During the 1970s, sporting a flapper look. To my younger readers: They are 100% real.
 

Circa 1974, Aretha Franklin went on a diet and lost it all. She appeared on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, and was either very shy, or soaking up the moment (but not at all arrogantly), as the spotlight hit her. She was beautiful, having had a makeover, and was resplendent in a beautiful, long, white or cream-colored dress, and sporting an hour-glass figure. She had come out with a (surely ghost-written) diet book that she was flogging. Well, it didn’t last, but for a moment, she looked great.
 

Around the time she appeared on The Tonight Show
 

Aretha Franklin: Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
 



Published on Apr 15, 2012 by REBEL SONGBIRD.
 


Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)

Lyrics

Though you don't call anymore,
I sit and wait in vain,
I guess I'll rap on your door,
Tap on your window pane.

I wanna tell you, baby,
Changes I've been going through, missing you, listen you,
'Til you come back to me, that's what I'm gonna do.

Why did you have to decide,
You had to set me free?
I'm gonna swallow my pride,
And beg you to please, baby, please see me,
I'm gonna walk by myself,
Just to prove that my love is true, all for you, baby,
'Til you come back to me, that's what I'm gonna do.

Living for you, my dear,
Is like living in a world of constant fear,
Hear my plea,
I've got to make you see that our love is dying.

Although your phone you ignore,
Somehow I must explain,
I'm gonna rap on your door, tap on your window pane,
I'm gonna camp by your steps,
Until I get through to you,
I got to change your view, baby,
'Til you come back to me that's what I'm gonna do,
'Til you come back to me that's what I'm gonna do,
'Til you come back to me that's what I'm gonna do.

I'll gonna rap on your door, tap on your window pane,
Open up, baby.
I'll gonna rap on your door, tap on your window pane,
I'll gonna rap on your door, tap on your window pane….

Artist: Aretha Franklin
Album: Let Me in Your Life
Year: 1973

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That song is a solid old school jam and my favorite by her. Thanks for posting the lyrics. I often wonder how composers get their inspiration. There are not too many female singers I'm fond of. Ella Fitzgerald had one hell of a voice. I now have limits on my jazz and soul music collection since I have become a realist.

Anonymous said...

It is difficult to fathom that Aretha was once in great form. Years ago when I saw her in Chicago, she was so morbidly obese. Rolls and layers of blubber fell out of her pink spandex dress. She was sassy and vulgar. She told the audience that she had a new diet plan. Her diet and exercise program consisted of hot sex with a much younger man.