Friday, July 08, 2011

Wayland, MA, Lauren Astley Murder Case: The Correct Attitude

By David in TN

Previously: “Wayland, MA: A Different Kind of Interracial Murder? Asian Nathaniel Fujita Charged with First-Degree Murder in Stabbing-Strangling of His Longtime White Girlfriend, Lauren Astley.”

Malcolm Astley, the father of murder victim Lauren Astley, is taking the correct attitude, according to the Boston Globe.

“He is devoted to the teachings of Martin Luther King Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi. The lessons are reinforced by the Unitarian church where Astley is active and by his work as a peace activist.”

N.S. All I can say to Mr. Astley, beyond “Please accept my heartfelt condolences,” is “You’re a better than I am, Gunga Din.” If it were my child dead, Nathaniel Fujita would need a bullet-proof vest, and something to cover the rest of his body, as well.

Then again, I’m not a “peace activist,” or a devotee of King or Gandhi.

No comments: