By Nicholas Stix
In the matter of syndicated Republican columnist Charles Krauthammer, my friend Mike Berman forwarded me the enclosed, gushing observations by a Krauthammer fanatic, a gushing tribute from a second Kraut fanatic, Mike’s own, sober appraisal of Kraut, and a blog by traditionalist conservative Larry Auster. My response follows at the conclusion.
Summary by an anonymous Kraut fanatic:
It's better to be paralyzed from the neck down, than to be paralyzed from the neck up...
Dr. Charles Krauthammer
Dr. Krauthammer is on Fox News. He is an M.D. and a lawyer and is paralyzed from the neck down. A friend went to hear Charles Krauthammer. He listened with 25 others in a closed room. What he says here, is NOT 2nd-hand but 1st. The ramifications are staggering for us, our children and their children.
Last Monday was a profound evening, Dr. Charles Krauthammer spoke to the Center for the American Experiment. He is a brilliant intellectual, seasoned & articulate. He is forthright and careful in his analysis, and never resorts to emotions or personal insults. He is NOT a fear monger nor an extremist in his comments and views. He is a fiscal conservative, and has received a Pulitzer Prize for writing. He is a frequent contributor to Fox News and writes weekly for the Washington Post.
The entire room was held spellbound during his talk. I have summarized his comments, as we are living in uncharted waters economically and internationally.
Even 2 Dems at my table agreed with everything he said! If you feel like forwarding this to those who are open minded and have not drunk the Kool-Aid, feel free.
Summary of his comments:
1. Mr. Obama is a very intellectual, charming individual. He is not to be underestimated. He is a cool customer who doesn't show his emotions.. It's very hard to know what's behind the mask. The taking down of the Clinton dynasty was an amazing accomplishment. The Clintons still do not understand what hit them. Obama was in the perfect place at the perfect time.
2. Obama has political skills comparable to Reagan and Clinton. He has a way of making you think he's on your side, agreeing with your position, while doing the opposite. Pay no attention to what he SAYS; rather, watch what he DOES!
3. Obama has a ruthless quest for power. He did not come to Washington to make something out of himself, but rather to change everything, including dismantling capitalism. He can't be straightforward on his ambitions, as the public would not go along.
He has a heavy hand, and wants to level the playing field with income redistribution and punishment to the achievers of society. He would like to model the USA to Great Britain or Canada.
4. His three main goals are to control ENERGY, PUBLIC EDUCATION, and NATIONAL HEALTHCARE by the Federal government. He doesn't care about the auto or financial services industries, but got them as an early bonus. The cap and trade will add costs to everything and stifle growth. Paying for FREE college education is his goal. Most scary is his healthcare program, because if you make it FREE and add 46,000,000 people to a Medicare-type single-payer system, the costs will go through the roof. The only way to control costs is with massive RATIONING of services, like in Canada. God forbid!
5. He has surrounded himself with mostly far-left academic types. No one around him has ever even run a candy store. But they are going to try and run the auto, financial, banking and other industries. This obviously can't work in the long run. Obama is not a socialist; rather he's a far-left secular progressive bent on nothing short of revolution. He ran as a moderate, but will govern from the hard left. Again, watch what he does, not what he says.
6. Obama doesn't really see himself as President of the United States, but more as a ruler over the world. He sees himself above it all, trying to orchestrate & coordinate various countries and their
agendas. He sees moral equivalency in all cultures. His apology tour in Germany and England was a prime example of how he sees America, as an imperialist nation that has been arrogant, rather than a great noble nation that has at times made errors. This is the first President ever who has chastised our allies and appeased our enemies!
7. He is now handing out goodies. He hopes that the bill (and pain) will not come due until after he is reelected in 2012. He would like to blame all problems on Bush from the past, and hopefully his successor in the future. He has a huge ego, and Dr. Krauthammer believes he is a narcissist.
8. Republicans are in the wilderness for a while, but will emerge strong. Republicans are pining for another Reagan, but there will never be another like him. Krauthammer believes Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty & Bobby Jindahl (except for his terrible speech in February) are the future of the party. Newt Gingrich is brilliant, but has baggage. Sarah Palin is sincere and intelligent, but needs to really be seriously boning up on facts and info if she is to be a serious candidate in the future. We need to return to the party of lower taxes, smaller government, personal responsibility, strong national defense, and state's rights.
9. The current level of spending is irresponsible and outrageous. We are spending trillions that we don't have. This could lead to hyperinflation, depression or worse. No country has ever spent themselves into prosperity. The media is giving Obama, Reid and Pelosi a pass because they love their agenda. But eventually the bill will come due and people will realize the huge bailouts didn't work, nor will the stimulus package. These were trillion-dollar payoffs to Obama's allies, unions and the Congress to placate the left, so he can get support for #4 above.
10. The election was over in mid-September when Lehman brothers failed, fear and panic swept in, we had an unpopular President, and the war was grinding on indefinitely without a clear outcome. The people are in pain, and the mantra of change caused people to act emotionally. Any Dem would have won this election; it was surprising it was as close as it was.
11. In 2012, if the unemployment rate is over 10%, Republicans will be swept back into power. If it's under 8%, the Dems continue to roll. If it's between 8-10%, it will be a dogfight. It will all be about the economy. I hope this gets you really thinking about what's
happening in Washington and Congress.. There is a left-wing revolution going on, according to Krauthammer, and he encourages us to keep the faith and join the loyal resistance. The work will be hard, but we're right on most issues and can reclaim our country, before it's far too late.
Do yourself a long term favor, send this to all who will listen to an intelligent assessment of the big picture. All our futures and children's futures depend on our good understanding of what is really going on in DC, and our action pursuant to that understanding!! It really IS up to each of us to take individual action!! Start with educating your friends and neighbors!!!
Second Kraut fanatic, Lillian M. Lewis:
Nothing more needs to be said! Dr. Krauthammer's analysis is 100% correct!
Obama never could have been elected if we didn't allow the country to be filled with Third-Worlders. In the decade I was born NYC's population was 93% white. Now it's 35%. The entire country is following a similar trend. Whites have not voted Democrat in a national election since LBJ in "64. We gave the country away to others who resent us and who want to take what we have because they don't have the ability to make it on their own. That's the true "big picture" and you won't ever hear it from Charles Krauthammer.
Berman: Here's a much better piece by neocon Krauthammer:
CONTRA GLOBAL COMMUNITY ORGANIZING
Charles Krauthammer says (I've said the same) that the aim of the global anti-global warming movement is a massive transfer of wealth from the West to the non-West. He says that saving the environment is the new pretext for global socialism. And this, by the way, is the first time I've ever seen a neocon speak of "global socialism." As a general matter, neocons never criticize UN-style globalism in and of itself. They only criticize the UN when it gets in the way of neocon plans for U.S.-led globalism or when it gangs up on Israel. But now, with this vast alliance of Western leftists and Third Worlders seeking to work this massive expropriation of the West's wealth under the rubric of saving the planet, neocons are perhaps starting to wake up to the threat.
December 11, 2009
The Environmental Shakedown
By Charles Krauthammer
WASHINGTON--In the 1970s and early '80s, having seized control of the U.N. apparatus (by power of numbers), Third World countries decided to cash in. OPEC was pulling off the greatest wealth transfer from rich to poor in history. Why not them? So in grand U.N. declarations and conferences, they began calling for a "New International Economic Order." The NIEO's essential demand was simple: to transfer fantastic chunks of wealth from the industrialized West to the Third World.
On what grounds? In the name of equality--wealth redistribution via global socialism--with a dose of post-colonial reparations thrown in.
The idea of essentially taxing hard-working citizens of the democracies in order to fill the treasuries of Third World kleptocracies went nowhere, thanks mainly to Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher (and the debt crisis of the early '80s). They put a stake through the enterprise.
But such dreams never die. The raid on the Western treasuries is on again, but today with a new rationale to fit current ideological fashion. With socialism dead, the gigantic heist is now proposed as a sacred service of the newest religion: environmentalism.
One of the major goals of the Copenhagen climate summit is another NIEO shakedown: the transfer of hundreds of billions from the industrial West to the Third World to save the planet by, for example, planting green industries in the tristes tropiques.
Politically it's an idea of genius, engaging at once every left-wing erogenous zone: rich man's guilt, post-colonial guilt, environmental guilt. But the idea of shaking down the industrial democracies in the name of the environment thrives not just in the refined internationalist precincts of Copenhagen. It thrives on the national scale too.
On the day Copenhagen opened, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency claimed jurisdiction over the regulation of carbon emissions by declaring them an "endangerment" to human health.
Since we operate an overwhelmingly carbon-based economy, the EPA will be regulating practically everything. No institution that emits more than 250 tons of CO2 a year will fall outside EPA control. This means over a million building complexes, hospitals, plants, schools, businesses and similar enterprises. (The EPA proposes regulating emissions only above 25,000 tons, but it has no such authority.) Not since the creation of the Internal Revenue Service has a federal agency been given more intrusive power over every aspect of economic life.
This naked assertion of vast executive power in the name of the environment is the perfect fulfillment of the prediction of Czech President (and economist) Vaclav Klaus that environmentalism is becoming the new socialism, i.e., the totemic ideal in the name of which government seizes the commanding heights of the economy and society.
Socialism having failed so spectacularly, the left was adrift until it struck upon a brilliant gambit: metamorphosis from red to green. The cultural elites went straight from the memorial service for socialism to the altar of the environment. The objective is the same: highly centralized power given to the best and the brightest, the new class of experts, managers and technocrats. This time, however, the alleged justification is not abolishing oppression and inequality but saving the planet.
Not everyone is pleased with the coming New Carbon-Free International Order. When the Obama administration signaled (in a gesture to Copenhagen) a U.S. commitment to major cuts in carbon emissions, Democratic Sen. Jim Webb wrote the president protesting that he lacks the authority to do so unilaterally. That requires congressional concurrence by legislation or treaty.
With the Senate blocking President Obama's cap-and-trade carbon legislation, the EPA coup d'etat served as the administration's loud response to Webb: The hell we can't. With this EPA "endangerment" finding, we can do as we wish with carbon. Either the Senate passes cap-and-trade, or the EPA will impose even more draconian measures: all cap, no trade.
Forget for a moment the economic effects of severe carbon chastity. There's the matter of constitutional decency. If you want to revolutionize society--as will drastic carbon regulation and taxation in an energy economy that is 85 percent carbon-based--you do it through Congress reflecting popular will. Not by administrative fiat of EPA bureaucrats.
Congress should not just resist this executive overreaching, but trump it: Amend existing clean air laws and restore their original intent by excluding CO2 from EPA control and reserving that power for Congress and future legislation.
Do it now. Do it soon. Because Big Brother isn't lurking in CIA cloak. He's knocking on your door, smiling under an EPA cap.
Posted by Lawrence Auster at December 11, 2009 11:45
I find Charlie Kraut underwhelming, as I do the sycophantic summary of his talk from the first Kraut fanatic. Some of his points are valid, but they were made by others, including yours truly, years before he did. And even when his truth quotient is highest, he waters down what he is willing to say, and puts things in a false historical context. He is concerned with appearing erudite and respectable, rather than in dealing in what is true and right.
His refusal to deal honestly with race, immigration, and I.Q. make him less valuable than a blank column in a newspaper. An honest person will immediately see through the racial socialists’ transparent lies, but may be deceived by a Krauthammer.
“Socialism having failed so spectacularly, the left was adrift until it struck upon a brilliant gambit: metamorphosis from red to green. The cultural elites went straight from the memorial service for socialism to the altar of the environment. The objective is the same: highly centralized power given to the best and the brightest, the new class of experts, managers and technocrats. This time, however, the alleged justification is not abolishing oppression and inequality but saving the planet.”
“The left was adrift”? In which alternate universe? American communists have given us the so-called civil rights movement, feminism, environmentalism, Hispanic nationalism… Have I forgotten anything?
Long before the Communist border guards held their fire on November 8, 1989, and let West and East German kids take the Berlin Wall apart, America’s neocons had declared victory over domestic communism, and surrendered.
“Mr. Obama is a very intellectual…”
The hell, he is!
“He has a heavy hand, and wants to level the playing field with income redistribution and punishment to the achievers of society….”
No, he wants to punish whites.
“4. His three main goals are to control ENERGY, PUBLIC EDUCATION, and NATIONAL HEALTHCARE by the Federal government. He doesn't care about the auto or financial services industries, but got them as an early bonus…. Paying for FREE college education is his goal.”
Wrong again. He wants to control every branch of the economy, and everything else, too. He doesn’t want to pay for “FREE college education,” he wants whites to pay for free college for blacks and Hispanics.
“Obama is not a socialist; rather he's a far-left secular progressive bent on nothing short of revolution.”
No, he’s a devotee of Black Liberation Theology, which makes him a genocidal black supremacist.
“He sees moral equivalency in all cultures. His apology tour in Germany and England was a prime example of how he sees America, as an imperialist nation that has been arrogant, rather than a great noble nation that has at times made errors. This is the first President ever who has chastised our allies and appeased our enemies!”
Not only does “Obama” not see “moral equivalency in all cultures,” but Kraut’s next sentence contradicts his “moral equivalency” talking point. “Obama” hates all white nations, and loves the most dysfunctional, tyrannical, racist black and Hispanic nations (e.g., Zimbabwe, South Africa, Venezuela). Since Kraut is too timid to go where the facts and logic lead him, he must twist them to remain within pre-set parameters. That’s what comes of self-censorship.
“He would like to blame all problems on Bush from the past, and hopefully his successor in the future.”
He doesn’t plan on having a successor, except possibly for his widow or children.
“Krauthammer believes Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty & Bobby Jindahl (except for his terrible speech in February) are the future of the party.”
Pawlenty is a non-starter, and Sarah Palin has practically declared herself to not be presidential timber. As for Romney, I probably would have voted for him in the general election, had the Evangelicals not screwed him, on behalf of Gov. Clemency.
“Newt Gingrich is brilliant, but has baggage.”
Newt Gingrich is brilliant?! That’s a misquote, right? (Granted, he may have some pretty good ghostwriters but then, so does Sarah Palin.) In addition, Gingrich has all the steadfastness of a weather vane.
I saw nothing at all wrong with Bobby Jindal’s folksy February speech, but for some reason, the RNC decided that it stunk (or at least to say that it did), and Kraut is following his marching orders.
The problems with Jindal are two: 1. He’s a neocon, and thus not tough enough to do what must be done; and 2. Making a non-white the face of the GOP would hasten the displacement of the historic American people, the alienation of white potential GOP voters, and thus the demise of the Republican Party.
Given a free hand to cut costs and reorganize departments, a Secretary Jindal could be the greatest thing in the history of HHS/HEW, but not as President.
“10. The election was over in mid-September when Lehman brothers failed…The people are in pain, and the mantra of change caused people to act emotionally. Any Dem would have won this election; it was surprising it was as close as it was.”
The foregoing claims are dangerously dishonest. In spite of “Obama’s” many alleged electoral crimes and media accomplices, any Republican who had fought for the presidency would have won the election. The problem is, John McCain was a coward who wouldn’t fight. Heck, to borrow from Mike Berman, had the country not been swamped with racist Third Worlders, McCain still would have won the election, without fighting for it.
“It will all be about the economy. I hope this gets you really thinking about what's
happening in Washington and Congress.. There is a left-wing revolution going on, according to Krauthammer, and he encourages us to keep the faith and join the loyal resistance. The work will be hard, but we're right on most issues and can reclaim our country, before it's far too late.”
No, there’s a racial revolution going on. Daily we are confronted with new atrocities. Krauthammer wants to put us to work serving the GOP, which bears much of the responsibility for the state we’re in.
Krauthammer isn’t looking for another Ronald Reagan, he’s looking for another John McCain.