Wednesday, December 26, 2018

“It’s Friendship, Friendship, Just the Perfect Blendship; While Other Friendships are Soon Forgot, Ours Will Still be Hot!” (Videos)

Re-posted by Nicholas Stix


 

Judy Garland & Johnny Mercer: “Friendship” (1940)
 


 

Published on Feb 21, 2013
On December 18,1940 Judy Garland and songwriter Johnny Mercer recorded “Friendship” for Decca Records.

In 1941 32-year-old Johnny would begin an intense affair with 19-year-old Judy. They would continue to have an affair later on. Johnny was greatly affected by this affair, and it is said that he considered her the great love of his life. “That Old Black Magic” and “I Remember You” were written by Johnny, expressing his feelings for Judy.


Friendship
Words & Music by Cole Porter

If you’re ever in a jam, here I am.
If you’re ever in a mess, S.O.S.
If you’re so happy, you land in jail, I’m your bail,
It’s friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship,
When other friendships are soon forgot, ours will still be hot,
Da da da da da da dig dig dig.

If you’re ever down a well, ring my bell,
If you’re ever up a tree, just phone to me,
If you ever lose your teeth
When you`re out to dine, borrow mine,
It’s friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship,
When other friendships are soon forgeet, ours will still be great,
Loddle doddle chuck chuck chaa.

If they ever black your eyes, put me wise,
If they ever cook your goose, turn me loose,
And if they ever put a bullet through your brain, I’ll complain,
It’s friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship,
When other friendships are soon forgit, ours will still be it,
Ah loddle doddle hip hap hap.

If you ever lose your mind, I’ll be kind,
And if you ever lose your shirt, I’ll be hurt,
If you’re ever in a mill and get sawed in half, I won’t laugh,
It’s friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship,
When other friendships are are up the crick, ours will still be slick,
Ah loddle doddle woof woof woof, hep hep hep, chopp chop chop, dig dig dig.

Good evening friends!



No comments: