PayPal

Thursday, October 25, 2012

BREAKING NEWS! Blackwood Off Three Knoxville Horror Trials

 

Knoxville Horror victims Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom
 

Judge Jon Kerry Blackwood
 

By David in TN

The Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals today ruled Judge Jon Kerry Blackwood must recuse himself from presiding over retrials for three defendants in the 2007 Knoxville Horror torture-murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.

"Blackwood, by order of the court, is now off the cases of Lemaricus Davidson, Letalvis Cobbins, and George Thomas. The men had been convicted of various crimes in connection with the carjacking and killings of Channon Chrisdtian, 21, and Chris Newsom, 23."

No mention was made of the Vanessa Coleman trial, which was scheduled for November. Knox County District Attorney General Randy Nichols did not contest the need for a retrial for Coleman.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I think this is good news? What will happen now Nicholas?

Lisa said...

Please disregard my previous comment. I followed the link to the story and read it like any person with common sense.

I would like to know what you think about though.

Nicholas said...

Lisa,

I don't know how far common sense will get you anymore in this country, especially with this case.

One's first reaction might be, "Hurray, now we won't have to go through the circus of four more trials!" But that joy might be premature.

The Tennessee Supreme Court might still find its way, via convoluted reasoning, to yet grant the killers four more trials, along the lines of 'We took Blackwood off the cases because he made the whole process look so corrupt... but he's harmed black/media trust of the court system such that... we're going to grant the killers four more goddamned trials (and maybe more appeals after that), anyway!'