Tuesday, November 08, 2016

The Pretend Encyclopedia, Better Known as Wikipedia, is Up to Its Old Tricks, Regarding the Clintons: “Gatekeeping of Clinton-Related Wikipedia Articles”

Via Reader-Researcher “B,” who writes:

You reported on similar abuses a number of times in the past, so this comes as no surprise, especially with “total media control” which now seems to be the norm.
If the Clintons have obsessed to control the media, controlling Wikipedia articles should be a given.

From time to time, I make edits to some Wikipedia articles. In the last few days, I have some some [sic] edits to Clinton-related Wikipedia articles to include reliably-cited facts about controversies over the acceptance by the Clinton Foundation of money from the government of Qatar, which has, in the past, also supported Hamas. My Qatar-related edits survived the edits of other Wikipedia editors, but I paid the price for other edits I have made to Clinton-related articles on Wikipedia. One particularly pro-Clinton Wikipedia editor has posted warnings on my talk page, trying to intimidate me from making edits that probably are too critical of the Clintons. In response, I have had to raise an issue with Wikipedia's administrators about this intimidation. I have no idea how Wikipedia is going to reconcile the edit-warring in which pro-Clinton shills are engaged against good-faith edits made by other contributors to Wikipedia.

I will be glad when the election is over tomorrow, but I do not look forward to four years of this kind of pattern of hostility and intimidation of anybody, who is a critic of the Clintons. Good luck to us all.

Louis Flores

Progress Queens

Publisher

louis.flores@progressqueens.com

No comments: